Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Deadly Curiosities #1) by Gail Z. Martin + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


This week I'm spotlighting one of my OWNtober reads, Deadly Curiosities #1) by Gail Z. Martin.  I've meaning meaning to start her work for ages now and this seems like a great time of year to jump in.  Plus, just look at that cover art by Chris McGrath - that's Cal Leandros on the left side from Moonshine by Rob Thurman.  That right there is enough to make me want to give this a try.  I miss that series so much...

Beginning:

"Have you ever seen something you can't explain?"  The woman peered at me anxiously, looking to me for validation.

56:

From her small purse, she produced a single dog biscuit, which she ceremoniously held out to Baxter.

50/50 Friday: Character Most/ Least Likely To Go On A Road Trip


Most Likely - Gansey from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater - Him and the Pig on the open highway with his friends at his side?  I can see that.

Least Likely - Blue from The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater - I can see her agreeing to go with Gansey on a road trip but not being the one to suggest going on the trip.


Have you read any of these books?  What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Deadly Curiosities looks interesting. I haven't heard of it before, but I'm going to add it to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one I have on my wishlist. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Deadly Curiosities, although I never read the rest of the series. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. they both look good. haven't read either one
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Raven Cycle is definitely worth trying. :)

      Delete
  5. That opening line is such a great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the sound of Deadly Curiosities - what a great opening line. Reminds me a bit of The Umbrella Society....weirdly lol

    Have a great weekend! Here's my Friday Post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Umbrella Society is one I'm going to have to try.

      Delete
  7. Yep, I can 100% see Gansey on a road trip!

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new read looks interesting. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early