Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Horror Movies I Want To Watch This Season


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is a Halloween themed freebie, so I thought that this time I'd share some horror movies I want watch this season.  You can also view this list of movies on Letterboxd (I'm including all 13 here because I couldn't narrow it down).  All of these will be new to me as well.  Here we go in alphabetical order by title:


Bird Box - After enjoying the book, I'm hoping the Netflix film adaptation will work for me as well.



Devour - Pre-Supernatural Jensen Ackles? I'm here for it.



Drag Me To Hell - I've heard a lot of good things about this and it's about time I check it out.



Freaks - I'm been meaning to pick up this cult classic for ages and this year I'm finally going to get around to it.



Green Room - Rest in peace, Anton Yelchin.



Gothika - Halle Berry and Robert Downey Jr.? I'll give it a try!



House - I'm ready for this '70s Japanese haunted house film.



I Saw The Devil - After seeing Min-sik Choi in Oldboy, I need to see more of his work and this sounds perfect for Halloween.



Jennifer's Body - I don't know why I haven't already seen this dark horror comedy.


Midsommar - I was hoping to see this at the movie theater earlier this year, but unfortunately it wasn't released in my area.  I guess there's no better time than now to see it.



My Bloody Valentine - I'm watching this for the talents of Jensen Ackles.



Thelma - I've been meaning to watch this horror fantasy for a while and I figure this is the perfect time of year to watch it.



Velvet Buzzsaw - Jake Gyllenhaal is one of my favorites and this sounds like it could be fun.


Have you watched any of these?  What are you doing for Halloween this year?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Ooh some of these look good! The only one I've seen is Bird Box, and I thought it was pretty good (although I haven't read book).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend giving some of them a shot. :)

      Delete
  2. I hope you enjoy all of these films.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I haven't seen any of these, but I'd like to give Bird Box a try and I've heard good things about Jennifer's Body and Midsommar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer's Body was a lot more fun than I was expecting. :)

      Delete
  4. I've heard a lot of people talking about Midsommar, and I want to see it just to find out what everyone's talking about. I'm a little scared, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy these! I haven't seen any of them as I have a low tolerance for scary movies. Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought Bird Box was good! And Green Room, though it's been awhile since I've watched it. I miss Anton.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard that Midsommar is unexpectedly funny. That there are a few scenes that are very funny, obviously not the whole thing.
    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the same thing... I'm just waiting for my library hold!

      Delete
  8. I don't think I have seen a horror movie since the 90s, though I grew up on slasher films. I hope you get to watch some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, Thelma looks very weird. I need to check that one out.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thelma was excellent - there's still so much more I need to know about her world. :)

      Delete
  10. I have to confess that I don't love horror movies, and I generally tend to avoid them. But I did want to see Bird Box, if only to see why everyone else thought it was so amazing! Oh my gosh, Jenson Ackles looks like such a baby on the cover of Devour. Look at how young he is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many of these are on my list to watch! I LOVED Bird Box! And Gothika I seem to remember loving, but I honestly can't remember the plot...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bird Box was pretty good. Gothika wasn't bad either- I always like Robert Downey Jr.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge