Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Movies Released In The Last Decade That I Watched For The First Time In 2019


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books I Hope to Find Under My Tree, but I'm going to do a completely different topic instead.  Back on December 10th for the freebie, I featured some of my favorite movies that were released before 2010 that I watched for the first time this year, this week I'm going to share my favorite movies released in the last decade that I watched for the first time this year.


2010 - The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec - Perfect for fans of The Mummy (1999) meets Gail Garriger's Parasol Protectorate series.


2011 - Source Code - It's a Groundhog Day-esque thriller and it's a real roller coaster.


2012 - Seven Psychopaths - Think Kiss Kiss Bang Bang meets In Bruges.


2013 - Snowpiercer - As far as I'm concerned this is a Captain America movie.


2014 - Paddington - Perfectly pure and cute.


2015 - Mad Max: Fury Road - I'm really hoping there'll be a Furiosa movie in the future.


2016 - To Walk Invisible - Easily the best biopic I've seen on the Bronte sisters.


2017 - Blade of the Immortal - It's a dark, bloody action fantasy and I hope we'll see more of these characters again in the future.


2018 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - My personal favorite Spider-Man movie ever.  Spider-Man Noir and Spider-Woman are just the best.



2019 - Knives Out - I've seen a few great movies this year, but this was hands down my favorite. I can't recommend it enough, especially if you're a fan of Clue, Ready Or Not, Sleuth (1972), Murder By Death, and Death Trap.


Have you seen any of these movies?  What have been some of your favorite movies from the last decade?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Awesome list, I'm definitely going to see Knives Out as soon as I can, and Into the Spider-Verse is one I'm really mad at myself for not seeing yet😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good! I'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

      Delete
  2. Yay, I'm so glad you liked To Walk Invisible. It's something I keep meaning to watch.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get them all! Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Knives Out and Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only one I've seen on here is Paddington and I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Source Code - such a sad ending but I don't know if I would compare it to Groundhog Day, this is not a comedy but I guess it's not bad comparions.

    I didn't see the other movies on your list so I can't say anything about them.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. Definitely not a comedy but repeating that time frame is what makes me think of it.

      Delete
  7. I loved Into the Spiderverse, too. That's the only one of those that I've watched.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved To Walk Invisible and I'll definetly be making a point of watching The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec, Snowpiercer and Knives Out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know what you think of the set of them, especially Adele Blanc-Sec!

      Delete
  9. i don't watch a lot of movies, but i am binging on twilight...again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been ages since I've seen those but the third movie was my favorite. :)

      Delete
  10. I liked Fury Road but I haven't seen any of the rest of these- yikes. I definitely want to check out Adele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more than worth your time. Thanks for coming over, Greg!

      Delete
  11. "Snowpiercer - As far as I'm concerned this is a Captain America movie" LOL right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the twist you did for this TTT post!
    Also "perfect for the fans of The Mummy" is the only thing I need to know to make me now want to watch "The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early