Skip to main content

Book Riot's 2019 Read Harder Challenge - December Update: Eragon & The Princess Saves Herself in This One


It's midway through December and I've just completed all 24 books on my Book Riot's 2019 Read Harder Challenge!  The two tasks I completed this month required me to read a self-published book and a collection of poetry published since 2014.  For the tasks, I selectedEragon (The Inheritance Cycle #1) by Christopher Paolini and The Princess Saves Herself in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic #1) by Amanda Lovelace.  Read on to see my mini reviews and links to past monthly updates for this year's challenge and keep your eyes out soon for my 2020 challenge tbr:





DNF @ 20%

I really wanted to like Eragon (The Inheritance Cycle #1) by Christopher Paolini, but it just wasn't working for me. Maybe I'd read this back when it was first released I would have devoured it.

My thoughts are also available on Goodreads.



❋ ❋ 

I'm somewhat torn on The Princess Saves Herself in This One (Women Are Some Kind of Magic #1) by Amanda Lovelace.  I think I was initially expecting something much different of this poetry collection.  Poetry isn't really my thing, but for the most part I liked the free verse so each poem can be whatever it needs to be.  I also appreciated just how personal they feel - the author's really putting herself out there.  Then again, some of these really felt like they were trying too hard for my tastes, or seemed a little too familiar.  Plus with the format I couldn't stop myself from thinking about just how much paper has been wasted because of all of the blank spaces.

My review can also be found on Goodreads.


Previous 2019 Challenge Updates:

January
February
March
April
May
June
July
August
September
October
November


Have you read any of these books?  Have you taken part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Congrats on finishing the challenge! And you just made me laugh so hard with your comment about wasted paper🤣🤣🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo eragon looks fantastic. congrats on finishing the challenge
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was obsessed with Eragon when it came out! I remember devouring it and the second book, but then not finishing the third. I have no idea why! I've been meaning to go back and read the series, but it's HUGE and daunting. Audio? Maybe? I do know the movie was terrible, and I have a hard time NOT picturing those actors when I read the books now.

    Lindsi @ Do You Dog-ear? ☃💬

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is always an issue when it comes to an adaptation.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early