Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Sherlock Holmes and the Red Demon (Sherlock Holmes in Minnesota #1) by Larry Millett

 



On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my Magical Hop-A-Thon and Popsugar Reading Challenge reads, Sherlock Holmes and the Red Demon (Sherlock Holmes in Minnesota #1) by Larry Millett.  You can't go wrong with Sherlock Holmes!

Beginning: 

Readers of The Times may recall the great fires which blazed across the forests of the American Midwest in the late summer of 1884.

56:

"Take a look, Watson, and tell me what you see," he said.


What are you reading this week?  Have you read this book?  Are you taking part in this readathon?   As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't read this book, but it looks like a good one. Have a great weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've nt read a book about Sherlock Holmes not written by Sir Conan Doyle. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This author has really gotten the tone down, that's for sure.

      Delete
  3. Aaah that F56 feels like proper Sherlock Holmes! I do have to admit I've only ever read one Sherlock Holmes story, 'The Hound of the Baskervilles'! If you like Holmes, I think you might like the C. Auguste Dupin books by Edgar Allan Poe. It's Sherlock before Sherlock! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!

      The Dupin stories are so much fun. I hope you have a good one, Juli!

      Delete
  4. I want to read some of these books! Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE DUTCH HOUSE”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to have to try the rest of the series one of these days. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. I haven't read this book nor am I participating in the reading challenge, I just recently happened upon it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hubby would like this book. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed listening to all of Sherlock Holmes a few years ago, maybe I should start reading those spin-offs, this one sounds great!
    Here is my Friday 56: https://francebooktours.com/2021/10/22/double-identity-friday-56/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can definitely be fun, Emma.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  8. I haven't read this one but it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been a long time since I've read a Sherlock Holmes book, but this sounds really good😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always enjoy a good book featuring Sherlock, so this one intrigues me. Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Never read this one but you can never go wrong with Sherlock Holmes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early