Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2023 - Movies and TV Shows I Want To Watch This Month

  

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my potential watchlist for Wyrd & Wonder 2023 (artwork by astromoali) which is a month long celebration of all things fantasy during this month of May.  It is co-hosted Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story.  I've got quite a few fantasy movies and tv shows on my watchlist and I think I've got some great watching ahead of me.  I can't say that I'll make much of a dent in them, but I'll give it my best try!

Movies:

Disenchanted (2022) - This doesn't look as good as the original movie, but I still would love to give it a try.

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (2022) - I honestly don't know why I've been putting this off because it looks marvelous.

Slumberland (2022) - This just looks fun!


A Touch of Zen (1970) - I'm also watching this as a part of my Criterion Challenge 2023.

Troll (2022) - The trailer really sold me on this!


TV Shows:

The Bastard Son & The Devil Himself  (2022) - I loved the Half Bad Trilogy by Sally Green and I've heard the tv adaptation is a must watch.  

Carnival Row, Season 1 (2019) - One of my friends has watched this show and recommended it to me.  It sounds like it's going to be right up my alley.

Locke & Key, Season 2 (2022) - Season one of this show was great and I can't believe I've put off season two for way, way too long. It's going to be quite a ride!

Tomorrow, Season 1 (2022) - The trailer for this K-Drama looks like it could be a really cool series.

Warrior Nun, Season 2 (2022) - The first season of this series was such a pleasant surprise.  I heard the show was cancelled after this season, but I would still love to see how it ended.

The Wheel of Time, Season 1 (2021) - I've only read the first book in the series this is based on so far, but the show looks like it could have potential. 


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder this year?  Have you watched any of these shows or movies?  Which should I try first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm going to have to check out Troll, it looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clean forgot Locke & Key existed, I've been meaning to watch that. I think next fantasy programming for me is Sandman though. I watched one episode to check and it looks spot on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Sandman was excellent! I hope you love it all the way through.

      Delete
  3. Slumberland was cute! My son enjoyed it. I enjoyed The Wheel of Time as well. I want to read the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy all of them just as well. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't