Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2023 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Monday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my tbr for Wyrd & Wonder (artwork by astromoali) which is a month long celebration of all things fantasy during this month of May.  It is co-hosted Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story.  I always love participating in Lisa and imyril's Sci-Fi Month in November and I'm glad I decided to give Wyrd & Wonder last year, but it was a such a cool way to challenge myself with fantasy.  Anyway, I have a lot of good stuff planned around my part of the internet this month (perhaps even a giveaway as a grand finale) - and a lot of my regular weekly posts will have a distinct fantasy flavor.  If you'd like to follow the official Twitter account for this event, you can do so here as well as check out the hashtag.  Without further ado, let's get to what I hope to read this month.  No guarantees that'll I'll be able to work all of these in, but I'll give it my best try and this gives me a great potential reading list:

Before They Are Hanged (The First Law #1) by Joe Abercrombie - The first book in this series was great and I can't wait to catch up on the rest of it.

Bloodmarked (The Legendborn Cycle #2) by Tracy Deonn - I loved the first book in this series and I'm really looking forward to jumping back into this world.

Daughter of the Moon Goddess (The Celestial Kingdom Duology #1) by Sue Lynn Tan - This sounds absolutely amazing.  I'll also be reading this for my 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: The Road to Neverwinter by Jaleigh Johnson - I saw the Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves at the movie theater and absolutely loved it.  I can't wait to spend more time with these characters!

Empire of the Vampire (Empire of the Vampire #1) by Jay Kristoff - I've really enjoyed everything I've read from this author before and I can't wait to read this doorstopper.  It sounds awesome.

First Rider's Call (Green Rider #2) by Kristen Britain -  The first book in this YA adventure fantasy series and it's time I check out the rest of it.

Heaven Official's Blessing: Tian Guan Ci Fu, Vol. 1 (Heaven Official's Blessing: Tian Guan Ci Fu #1) by Mo Xiang Tong Xiu, Translated by Suika -  I picked this up on a whim at the bookstore and I hope it's as good as I've heard.

In the Company of Ogres by A. Lee Martinez - I really got a kick out of this author's style in a couple of other books I've read by them and I'm really looking forward to this one too.

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels #1) by Ilona Andrews - Somehow I've missed this urban fantasy series and it's time I correct that.

Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha #2) Tasha Suri -  I've been putting this off for way too long considering how much I loved the first book.

The Rose and the Thorn (The Riyria Chronicles #2) by Michael J. Sullivan - I really loved the first book in this series and I can't wait to see what happens next!

The Tower of Ravens (Rhiannon's Ride #1) by Kate Forsythe - This fantasy series opener sounds really cool.  Plus, just look at that cover!

The Wanderings of Wuntvor (The Ballad of Wuntvor #1-3) by Craig Shaw Garder - I found this comedic fantasy trilogy omnibus at an antique shop.  I'd never heard of it before, but I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm also reading this for my 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2) by Patrick Rothfuss - I loved book one in this series and this is the perfect time to get caught up.

Witch Way to the Mall (Supernatural Suburbia #1) edited by Esther M. Friesner - I just happened to find a copy of this urban fantasy book of short stories at thrift store and knew I had to try it for myself.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder this year?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads