Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2023 - Sunday Funday: Week 1 Update

Happy Sunday Funday and welcome to my first weekly update for Wyrd & Wonder!  Wyrd & Wonder 2023 is a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story with artwork by astromoali.  I'm so glad I decided to do take part in this monthly challenge this year because this is such a fun challenge.  I've already made some progress on my tbr and I've started in on my watchlist as well.  Keep reading to see what I got up to since this monthly event began:

My Wyrd & Wonder Posts This Week:






What I Watched This Week:

 ❋  

So far I've watched the first three episodes of Locke & Key, Season 2 (2022) and it's been good to get back into this series.  I don't know why I put off coming back for the next season after season one, but I love seeing the characters and Keyhouse again.  I'm glad I watched the recap because there were definitely a few things that I forgot about!  I've read the graphic novels and I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens especially when we find out more about the rest of the keys they don't know about yet.  I really liked seeing how they're going about the Small World Key so far.

 ❋   

Guillermo del Toro's Pinocchio (2022) is a movie I've been meaning to watch since it first came out, but for some reason I'd kept putting it off.  Now that I've watched it, I can officially say that it's my favorite version of Pinocchio no question about it, but then again I've never read the original 1883 novel.  I really invested in the story, especially Geppetto even more than ever before.  I also really appreciated the time period in which the movie is set.  If you haven't taken the time to watch this on Netflix, I highly recommend it.

My review is also on Letterboxd.

What I Read This Week:

 ❋   

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves: The Road to Neverwinter by Jaleigh Johnson was so much of fun. The author did a fantastic job of capturing the characters voices from the movie and it really fits the tone. I also really like how the story is bookended with Edgin telling his daughter Kira the main story of one of their adventures and how the group came together.  If you enjoyed the movie, I highly recommend this prequel novel.  I hope we'll get to see more of these characters in the future. whether that's onscreen or in print.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder?  Have you seen watched or read these things?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't seen Pinocchio yet, but I'm glad to see you loved it so much😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it, Tammy when you decide to try it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card