Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2023 - Sunday Funday: Week 2 Update

Happy Sunday Funday and welcome to my second weekly update for Wyrd & Wonder!  Wyrd & Wonder 2023 is a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story with artwork by astromoali.  More good progress again this week - so far it's been a good month!

My Wyrd & Wonder Posts This Week:





What I Watched This Week:

 ❋  

Since last week I've watched episodes four, five, and six of Locke & Key, Season 2 (2022) and it's looking like it's going to be really promising to see how this season will go.  I'm especially wondering what's going to come of the new character Josh given who he's connected to and I really hope Duncan will be alright.  I really like how things are starting to come together and certain actors reappearing that we haven't seen in a bit and how everything is coming together.  By the way, it really hurt me when Bode didn't know what a cassette was.  


 ❋  ❋.5

I've had A Touch of Zen (1970)  on my watchlist for ages and I'm glad that to say that I loved it.  I was so invested in right from the beginning for all three hours! This was so cool.  I wish I could have seen this in a movie theater.

My review is also on Letterboxd.


 ❋  

I didn't really have any expectations for Slumberland (2022), but that was a lot of imaginative (and emotional) fun. The CGI looks so good as well. Chris O'Dowd is the standout for me, and I was pretty surprised when I realized Kyle Chandler acts in it too.  I'm sure I would have adored this if I was a kid.

My review is also on Letterboxd.


What I Read This Week:

  ❋  

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2) by Patrick Rothfuss is a sequel I've been putting off for way too long.  Luckily, it's just as good if not better the the first book.  I particularly loved how this book starts off and the interludes that pop up intermittently between Kvothe and the Chronicler.  It's nearly a thousand pages long and isn't exactly fast-paced, but I enjoyed savoring the story as was working my way through it over the course of a week or two.  I'll have to read The Slow Regard of Silent Things soon to tide myself over until the currently unreleased third book comes out.

My review is also on Goodreads.


  

In the Company of Ogres by A. Lee Martinez is a solid comedic fantasy standalone.  It isn't my favorite by this author and didn't quite hook me as well as I would have liked.  That's said it's still worth reading if you're a fan of the author as well as Jonathan L. Howard.  I need to get caught up on Martinez's other works.  

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder?  Have you seen watched or read these things?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. A Touch of Zen looks awesome! I'm always on the lookout for historical movies with some great (and suave) fighting scenes. Will look this up for sure~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to start watching Locke & Key, I know I would love it😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't