Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to the first Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish, which is now being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. The rules are exactly the same as they were before - this week's topic is Bookish Resolutions and Goals. Here we go:
1. I've set my Goodreads reading challenge at 200, which is the same as I've done for the past few years. I hope I can make it again this year, too. It's probably a good thing I'm a fast reader and can handle multiple books at once...
2. I'm back this year for Book Riot's 2018 Read Harder Challenge! I enjoyed taking part last year and I really appreciated how it pushed me to read more widely and broadly. It introduced me to some fantastic books and authors!
3. This year I've signed up for my first ever #BeatTheBacklist Challenge, hosted by Austine @ A Novel Knight. I plan on earning lots of points for the Story Sorcerers team. The rules are pretty easy for the challenge - all you have to do is read books published in 2017 or earlier. I've narrowed the challenge a little further for myself by planning to focus on continuing series.
4. Going back to number three, I want to do a better job of keeping up with series rather than getting distracted by the next new shiny thing.
5. Like usual, I hope to read more of the books that I actually own - I really need to clear my shelves!
6. I also want to buy less books - I've only got so much shelf space and I'm running out.
7. For the books that I do buy, though, I want to make sure that I get the biggest bang for my buck - I plan on taking advantage of coupons, gift cards, thrift stores, and overstock stores.
8. I would like to explore more nonfiction this year. It isn't one of my go to genres, but I've seen quite a few intriguing titles that I want to try out.
9. I would like to take part in more bookish events whether those are online like Twitter chats, readathons, and linkups, or in person, like talks or signings.
10. I also really need to weed my tbr on Goodreads because it has totally spiraled out of control.
Well, it looks like I've got quite a year ahead of me - wish me luck! What are some of your bookish goals this year? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!