Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Book Haul


Happy Sunday everyone!  Welcome to my first Sunday Funday since the beginning of November.  Today, I'll be sharing some of my recent bookish buys from a local library book sale.  They had a fantastic deal that I couldn't pass up - $5 for a filled paper grocery bag.  I managed to fit all 14 of these books, one third of which are withdrawn library books, into my bag.  Let me tell you what, I could barely carry that bag out of there because it was so heavy!  Okay, then - let's get to it:


Four: A Divergent Story Collection by Veronica Roth - I can't believe I still haven't read this one - I definitely need to complete the series.

Belzhar by Meg Wolitzer - I've had my eye on this magical realism YA for quite awhile.  I've heard mixed reviews, but I'd still like to try it for myself.

Curtsies & Conspiracies (Finishing School #2) by Gail Carriger - Book one in this series was so much fun and I need to jump back into it.



Resurrection Express by Stephen Romano - I've never read this author, but this sounds like it could be a really cool thriller.

The Buried Giant by Kazuo Ishiguro - I've had my eye on this historical fantasy for ages and I've been meaning to read more by Ishiguro as well since Never Let Me Go is one of my favorites.

Timequake by Kurt Vonnegut - This is a classic that I've never had the opportunity to try that I've had on my tbr for awhile now.


Nocturnal by Scott Sigler - After Infected I've been meaning to try more by Sigler and this paranormal thriller sounds like it will be fantastic.

Affinity by Sarah Waters - Sarah Waters is excellent, but somehow I've missed this one before.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2) by PatrickRothfuss - I have book one on my shelf and I plan on reading it soon - now I'll be prepared with the sequel on hand.

The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick - Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock is one of my favorite YA contemporaries and I've been meaning to try one of Quick's adult novels for awhile now.


Founding Mothers: The Women Who Raised Our Nation by Cokie Roberts - I don't know about you, but this sounds like a fascinating read for March, Women's History Month.

Mammoth Cave: The Story Behind the Scenery - Mammoth Cave is an amazing place to visit (if you haven't been there I highly recommend you visit), so I couldn't resist picking up this book.

The Devil and Sherlock Holmes: Tales of Murder, Madness, and Obsession by David Grann - I loved Grann's The Lost City of Z and as a fan of Sherlock Holmes I absolutely need this book in my life.


And, that's it for my book haul!  Have you read any of the books I've recently picked up?  Which should I tackle first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Ooh sales like that are awesome! Nice haul. I never read Four either, but I did like school for Unusual Girls! Mammoth Cave would be interesting, I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love library sales! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love library sales. I don't think I have read any of them.
    sherry @ fundinmental Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved The Wiseman's Fear, although it's been years since I read it. So many great books, have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a fan of Wolitzer and really enjoyed Belzhar. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a library book sale! I can't say I've read any of your new reads, but you've for sure got a few good lookin' ones there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they'll turn out to be as great as they look!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early