Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Shattered (The Iron Druid Chronicles #7) by Kevin Hearne + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


This week I'm spotlighting one of my current #BeatTheBacklist reads, Shattered (The Iron Druid Chronicles #7) by Kevin Hearne.  If you haven't been keeping track, I absolutely love this series - it's just so awesome!  The final and ninth book in the series, Scourged, will be coming out in a month and I plan on being ready for it.


Beginning: 

Few things trigger old memories so quickly as authority figures from our youth.  I'm not saying those memories are necessarily good ones; they're simply old and tend to cast us back into roles we thought we grew out of long ago.  Sometimes the memories are warm and blanket us like a mother's love.  More often, however, they have the sting of hoarfrost, which bites at first, then numbs and settles in the bones for a deep, extended chill.

56:

When Laksha reappears with Scathmhaide, she asks if I've thought of anything useful.

"No," I say, shaking my head.  "Let's go play exorcist."

50/50 Friday: Favorite Book You've Reviewed/ Not Reviewed


Reviewed - Arm of the Sphinx (The Books of Babel #2) by Josiah Bancroft - I just finished reading this and posted my review, but it's easily going to be one of my favorite reads of 2018!


Not Reviewed - Gideon (Lauren Reardon #1) by Alex Gordon - I have no clue why I never reviewed this one, but I love it.  If you like The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman, I bet you will too.  I still need to read the sequel, Jericho.

Have you read any of these books?  What are you reading this Friday?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. OMG! The Iron Druid Chronicles ? I need to look into them! I'm excited, can you tell?!!!???!!!!


    Here is mine for today! http://bit.ly/2FtihiX

    Happy Friday! Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arm of the Sphinx has a cool cover and I LOVED Ocean at the End of the Lane so I should probably check out Gideon. Happy Friday, Lauren!!

    My Friday post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to know what you'd think of either. Thanks for coming over, Ronnie!

      Delete
  3. I've been seeing this series everywhere and it looks so good! I love the teasers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started the series. Some friends are raving about it so I had to join in!

    My 56 from Alice In Murderland

    ReplyDelete
  5. I began this series but didn't finish it. Looks like it might be time to dust off my copies and catch up. This week I am featuring Under the Shadows by Gwen Florio - a mystery from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great description of memories -- both good and bad -- in the opening. Now I'm curious about this series.
    My Friday post features The Marsh King’s Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well your 56 is a little different I would say..LOL Here is my 56:
    http://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/the-friday-56_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that 56! I need to read this series, for sure! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it when you get to it!

      Thanks Freda. :)

      Delete
  9. I've heard of the The Iron Druid Chronicles but haven't read any of the books. I'm glad you like the series. It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some of those books too where I absolutely loved them but somehow I never get a review written. A lot of my favorite rereads are like that and I really need to go on a review binge and write ALL the reviews. Thanks for linking up, Lauren!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes think about doing the same. Thanks for visiting, Laura. :)

      Delete
  11. I like the book beginning. I tend to be the person who looks back on my life with fondness. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved the beginning! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That does sound like a fun series and the opening was great. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to read Arm of the Sphinx ASAP! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early