Skip to main content

Music Monday: Jonny May


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

Happy Monday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting the piano music of Jonny May.  I particularly enjoy listening to his Never Play In Ragtime videos and I'm sharing a couple of my favorites - 3 Movie Themes You Should Never Play In Ragtime and 3 Scary Movie Themes You Should Never Play In Ragtime.  For the regular movie themes, he includes Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter, He's a Pirate from Pirates of the Caribbean, and The Shire Theme from Lord of the Rings - and I love the sound all of them.  Actually I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't hear a ragtime version of Hedwig's Theme in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.  As for the scary movie themes, he includes the Imperial March from Star Wars, the Jaws theme, and The Twilight Zone theme - and all of them are so cool.  With the his take on the Imperial March, I suddenly want to see Darth Vader on stage with the Cantina band.  Ragtime Jaws makes me want to have a nice beach day rather than never go near a beach ever again, but it's really his cover of The Twilight Zone theme that takes the cake here.  I don't know about you, but I'm having visions of a psychotically demented carnival or circus with Panic! at the Disco providing the musical entertainment.  Anyone else?  What are you listening to today?





Inlinkz Link Party

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early