Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Spring 2019 TBR


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books On My Spring 2019 TBR.  Here we go, in alphabetical order by title:


Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson - I've heard so many great things about this YA Contemporary and I'm excited to finally read it for the Contemporary April as a part of Devour Your TBR.


Damsel by Elana K. Arnold - I've been looking forward to this and now that I'm taking part in the 2019 Hub Reading Challenge 2019 I have a great excuse to finally pick it up.  It sounds like a great dark YA Fantasy novel to me.  By the way, it's a 2019 Printz Honor Book.  You can see my tbr for that challenge here.


In Cold Blood by Truman Capote - I'll be reading this in May as a part of Book Riot's 2019 Read Harder Challenge and it will fulfill the book by a journalist or about journalism task.  I'm surprised that I haven't already read it actually.  I've seen the 1967 film adaptation and I've heard a lot about it to begin with.


Lumberjanes, Vol. 2: Friendship to the Max by Noelle Stevenson -  I'll be reading this in April as a part of Book Riot's 2019 Read Harder Challenge and it will fulfill the comic by an LGBTQIA creator task.  The first volume of the graphic novel series was so much fun and I can't wait to continue it.


Middlegame by Seanan McGuire - I received an ARC from NetGalley of this novel and I can't wait to read it.  Thanks, NetGalley!  I've enjoyed what I've read from the author in the past and I have high hopes for this because it sounds awesome.


The Night of the Hunter by Davis Grubb - I'll be reading this as a part of my 2019 Beat the Backlist Challenge.  I love the movie adaptation of this book starring Robert Mitchum and I can't wait to try the source material - plus, it's inspired by true events.


The Raven's Tale by Cat Winters -  Thanks very much to NetGalley for approving me for the ARC of this novel.  Cat Winters easily one of my favorite historical fantasy authors and I know this is going to be great!


The Seven-Per-Cent Solution by Nicholas Meyer - I'll also be reading this as a part of my 2019 Beat the Backlist Challenge.  If you didn't already know, Holmes is one of my favorite characters and I've heard Meyer's take is pretty fantastic so I'm looking forward to finally trying it for myself.


We Are Okay by Nina LaCour - I'll be reading this for Contemporary April as a part of Devour Your TBR.  I've enjoyed what I've read from the author in the past and it's time I read more from her.


What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli & Adam Silvera -  I can't wait to read this book from a couple of my favorite authors.  Luckily for me I'm reading it as a part of the 2019 Hub Reading Challenge 2019 - it's on the Top Ten Best Fiction for Young Adults list.

Have you read any of these books?  What are you reading this spring?  As always thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Allegedly was such a mind trip. I declared Jackson a genius at the end of that, because she had me wondering if I was coming or going. Totally worth reading for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lumberjanes is delightful, so you're going to fly through it! I really enjoyed What If It's Us as well - it was the first Adam Silvera book I'd ever read, but it made me pick up History Is All You Left Me as soon as I'd finished it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! I'd like to read Middlegame this year, too, and I've heard really good things about Damsel. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to read Allegedly too! Also, Middlegame and The Raven's Tale- LOVE Edgar Allan Poe.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have so many good books on this list! I'm going to be reading Middlegame as well, hope we both love it😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. Allegedly was a very well-written story. Hope you love it.

    My Top Ten Tuesday post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. In Cold Blood is one of my favorite true crime books. I had to read it in high school, and it's stayed with me ever since. Hope you like it and the rest!
    Dani @ The Restricted Section

    ReplyDelete
  8. Allegedly! I can't wait to see what you think. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to read so many books on this list as well! Allegedly, Damsel, What If It's Us, and The Raven's Tale are all books I want to read, though I doubt I'll get the chance to read them this spring! I hope you get to all of these books and that you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd like to read more Lumberjanes too. I love the premise of that series! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to read Allegedly, too. That book has been sitting on my shelf for way too long. I hope you love all these!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early