Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Campfire by Shawn Sarles + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


This week I'm spotlighting one of my current reads which is my fourth read for Monstrous MarchCampfire by Shawn Sarles.  I don't know about you but this is totally giving me Fear Street and Christopher Pike vibes.

Beginning:

Maddie Davenport sat alone in the front seat of the idling car.

56:

The crowd broke into a round of applause, and the man beamed out at them all.

50/50 Friday: Favorite/Least Favorite Sibling Relationship


Favorite - The Weasleys from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling - Yes, even Percy.  Who am I kidding?  I love the whole family.


Least - The Pevensies from The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis - Edmund sold his siblings out for some candy - and they forgave him just like that?!  I love Susan, Lucy, and Peter, but come on!

What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Yep! Totally getting the Fear Street vibes from that cover 😊
    My Friday Spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Weasleys will go down in history as one of the most unique fictional families, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is scary, and the excerpts intrigue me. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE ASH FAMILY”

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess the whole forgiveness thing with the Pevensies stems from the Christian undertones of the Narnia series? Yeah, they forgave him a little too quickly, I guess you could say that at the time he honestly didn't know that she was a bad person, and that he was just a little kid.
    Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true - I guess my main issue is that it's so quick. :)

      Delete
  5. Different snippets than what I was expecting based on the cover, but I like it all!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the cover for Campfire totally reminds me of Fear Street. I wish I had kept those books. Happy reading, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see where the Fear Street vibe comes from. That's a pretty awesome cover. This week I am featuring Grave Witch by Kalayna Price - a book I first read before I started blogging. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover is totally giving me Fear Street vibes. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with both your choices!!! The Weasleys have a wonderful sibling bond and Edmond was such a jerk!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you're enjoying your current read. Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes to the Weasleys! And to be fair, in Edmund’s defense, I bet that Turkish delight was damn good! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know... I've tried it and I don't know if I'd say it's quite that good! 😄

      Delete
  12. Completely agree with both of your choices! I was also kind of peeved when Lucy, Susan, and Peter forgave Edward just like that. Like what no cold shoulder for a few days or anything??? Does it also make it a good argument that I absolutely hate Turkish delights? I think so. Anyway, thanks for linking up, Lauren!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early