Skip to main content

2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #10

  

Happy Saturday everyone and welcome to my tenth 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini reviews!  In October, I read 2 books for a total of 48 books completed out of 50 books. for the 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge. I've made some great progress!  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in October:


 ❋  ❋  

Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga #1) by Jane Lindskold is an epic fantasy series opener that I read for the first time back before I had Goodreads, so that makes it over 11 years ago now.  I read quite of few of the books in the series, but for some reason never finished it even though I loved it so much back then.  I'm so glad I decided to reread this for the 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge because it reminded me of must how much I loved this story, the characters, and the world they inhabit.  Plus, how much I need to reread the books in the series I've already read in the past and then finish the ones I haven't had the chance to explore yet.  I really missed Firekeeper, Blind Seer, and Derian.  There's a lot of characters to keep track of and history as well, but if you're a fan of fantasy with a hearty dose of political intrigue, you can't miss this!  I can't wait to reread Wolf's Head, Wolf's Heart!

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  ❋ 

Bella Poldark (The Poldark Saga #12) by Winston Graham is the grand finale of an epic historical series that I've loved.  I can't believe I've finally completed all twelve books of this series!  Bella Poldark really sends it off in style.  It's something else seeing Ross and Demelza going from the young leading cast of this series to the supporting cast as their kids and the next generation take the lead.  As much as I appreciated getting to know the next generation more as adults, Demelza and Dwight are still my two favorite characters and it was good to see them back here.  I was also very proud of Bella for all of her accomplishments.  By the way, the conclusion of Valentine's story is something else.  After everything, it's tough to believe that this series began in 1945 and wrapped up in 2002 when the author was nearing his 94th birthday! 

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read these books?  Are you taking part of in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I didn't realize Poledark was such a long series, wow. Glad you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's wild to know that the 12 books were published from 1945 to 2002! I'm glad I live in a time when I could finish the series. ☺️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows