Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2023 - Sunday Funday: Week 3 Update

 

Happy Sunday everyone and welcome to my third weekly update for Sci-Fi Month 2023!  Sci-Fi Month is a month long celebration of all things sci-fi and it's hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place and Imyril @ One More.  (Image credit: Artwork by Yosua Bungaran Cahya Putra).  I don't know about you, but it was quite a week!  I've made some progress on my tbr and watchlist this week.  Keep reading to see what I got up to since last week:

My Sci-Fi Month Posts This Week:






What I Watched This Week:

 ❋  ❋.5

I think I ended up liking Prey (2022)  a little more than the original Predator movie from 1986! I especially enjoyed Naru's relationship with her brother Taabe. I really wish I would have had the chance to see this on the big screen, but at least this has been been released on dvd so I didn't have to worry about subscribing to Hulu to see it!  I want more horror/ action movies like this, please. 

My review is also on Letterboxd.


 ❋  

I watched the first three episodes of the Korean Netflix series, Black Knight, Season 1 (2023).  It is a little different that I was expecting it to be, but so far I'm looking forward to what's coming next.  5-8 is the character to watch.  If you're a fan of post-apocalyptic or dystopian, you might want to try this.


 ❋.5

I tried the first episode of the feed The Feed, Season 1 (2019) and while it was fine, I don't think I'll be back for the rest of the series.  The idea is a good one, but I wasn't really a fan of how it was playing out.  The characters were starting to get annoying and I don't think I want to stick with them.


 ❋ ❋.5

I watched the first episode of Philip K. Dick's Electric DreamsSeason 1 (2017) which is an anthology series.  It was very intriguing and I think I'll be back to see what they do with future episodes.  This could be very interesting to see what they do with some of this author's stories.  In this episode, Real Life, it took me awhile to figure out where I'd seen the actress playing Paula before I realized that she played Irene Adler in Sherlock!


What I Read This Week:

 ❋ ❋  ❋ 
Starter Villain by John Scalzi was so much fun!  I loved following our  Hera, Persephone, and all the dolphins are the real MVPs of this story.  This is crazy but awesome and I couldn't have asked for anything better.  If you're a fan of the author (or even just cats), you'll absolutely have to read this This is a standalone story, but honestly I wouldn't say no to revisiting Charlie's world in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 
Escaping Eleven (Eleven Trilogy #1) by Jerri Chisholm is a solid YA dystopian series opener.  I think I was looking for something slightly different, but it is a quick read even if it is a little too long.  I wasn't terribly interested in any of the characters, especially now that I've finished it I feel like none of them ever really stood out.  On the same note, the story itself doesn't stand out from the pack of YA dystopian books.  It ended up reminding more of Divergent than The Platform. like I was kind of expecting earlier on.  I don't think I'll be back for the rest of the trilogy.

My review is also on Goodreads.


What have you been up to this past week?  Are you taking part in Sci-Fi Month this year?  Have you read any of these books or watched any of these movies or tv shows?  As always thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows