Skip to main content

Reindeer Readathon 2023 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my TBR for the Reindeer Readathon which will run for the entire month of December.  It is hosted by Erik @ Breakeven Books with some help from NoelleChristine & MoKristin, Hannah, and Vanessa.  I'm on Team Nutcracker which is hosted by Christine & Mo.  I really enjoyed participating in this for the last couple of years, and I think I've got a awesome reading list put together for this December.  Without further ado, let's get to my tbr: 

DASHER - 15 PTS - Read a book where the title contains one of the first 5 words you see in the word grid on page 4. Must be a word from the list.

My choice: Bookshops & Bonedust (Legends & Lattes #0) by Travis Baldree - I'm so excited to read this given how much I loved Legends & Lattes.

DANCER - 15 PTS - Read a book with a title that has at least 5 words in it.

My choice: The Circus of Stolen Dreams by Lorelei Savaryn - This MG fantasy sounds like it will be right up my alley.  I am also applying the bonus points for Christmas Elf (15pts) for a book that has been your shelf/ TBR for a long time since this has been sitting there for ages now.

PRANCER - 10 PTS - Read a book set in a place you have never been.

My choice: Almost Heaven: The Story of Women in Space by Bettyann Holtzmann Kevles - After reading The Six: The Untold Story of America's First Women Astronauts by Loren Grush, I need to read more about pioneering female astronauts.  I am also applying the bonus points for Christmas Tree (20pts) to branch out and read a book you wouldn't typically go for since I don't read all that much nonfiction.

VIXEN - 20 PTS - Read a book you have been putting off.

My choice: Bloodmarked (Legendborn #2) by Tracy Deonn - I loved Legendborn, so I don't know why I've been putting this off but I should read it before the year ends.  I am also applying the bonus points for Christmas Star (25pts) since this book is over 500 pages.

COMET - 20 PTS - Read a book that starts with the same letter as your star sign (eg. L for Leo or V for Virgo). Determiner words are optional.

My choice: Lagoon by Nnedi Okorafor - I'm a Leo and as a fan of this author I'm looking forward to reading a new sci-fi fantasy standalone from her.

CUPID - 15 PTS - Read a book that has multiple points of view.

My choice: The Fragile Threads of Power (Threads of Power #1) by V.E. Schwab - This is easily one of my most anticipated reads of the year - I can't wait to see these characters and this world again!

DONNER - 15 PTS - Read a book with multiple animals on the cover.

My choice: The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 1: Squirrel Power by Ryan North and Erica Henderson - I've heard a lot of great things about this series and I need to try it for myself.  I am also applying the bonus points for Christmas Lights (15pts) as I'll be reading the ebook edition of this.

BLITZEN - 20 PTS - Roll a dice or use a random number generator (numbers 1-6). The number you get multiplied by 100 is the minimum amount of pages the book needs to have.

My choice: Projekt 1065 by Alan Gratz - I got a 3 with the random number generator meaning my book needs to have at least 300 pages.  This has 320 pages in print, but I will also be applying the bonus points for Christmas Carols (20pts) since I'll be listening to it on audiobook.  I've really enjoyed his brand of MG/ YA historical fiction, so I'm looking forward to this.

RUDOLPH - 20 PTS - Read a book that came out before you were born or a book that came out in 2023.

My choice: Flight of Icarus (Stranger Things #6) by Caitlin Schneiderhan - This was released on October 31st, 2023 and I can't wait to read it!  All of the Stranger Things novels have been pretty great so far, but I have very high hopes for this since it's Eddie's backstory - and I'm also very nervous!

SLEIGHING IT - 50 PTS - If you have completed all of your prompts and the Christmas bonus prompts, you can redo one prompt of your choice for extra points

My choice: The Centre by Ayesha Manazir Siddiqi - This will be my redo of Rudolf as this book was released on July 11th, 2023.  It sounds exactly like my kind of mystery/ thriller horror novel.


Are you taking part in this year's Reindeer Readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  Which book should I read first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US