Skip to main content

2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #11

Happy Sunday everyone and welcome to my eleventh and final 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini reviews!  In November, I read 2 books for a total of 50 books completed out of 50 books. for the 2023 Popsugar Reading Challenge.  I can't believe I've finally finished this reading challenge!  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in November:

 ❋  

Vampires of El Norte by Isabel  Cañas was one of my most anticipated reads.  It's incredibly vivid, atmospheric, and creepy.  If my library copy had come in earlier, it would have been a perfect read for October.  I wouldn't quite say that this quite hit the same heights as her debut novel, The Hacienda, for me, but it's still a must read if you enjoyed her style there.  I loved getting to know all of the characters, especially our two POV characters Nena and Néstor.  The vampires in the story are scary which I really appreciated.  I also appreciated the Mexican history featured in the story.  I'm glad I know what little Spanish I know, but it definitely makes me want to learn more.  By the way, I highly recommend reading he author's note at the end.  Overall, this novel is well worth reading if you're interested in historical horror fantasy with a dash of romance.  I can't wait to read whatever this author cares to write in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 
Catch-22 (Catch-22 #1) by Joseph Heller  just wasn't for me. I will say though that if I wasn't listening to the audiobook I probably would have put it down early on.  So, I will say that the narrator does a great job.  He reminds me of a combination of Wallace Shawn and John Candy.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read these books?  Are you taking part of in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I enjoyed Vampires of El Norte as well, although I wished there had been more vampire action.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows