Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Spring Equinox 2024 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's now that time to start my Spring Equinox 2024 classes at Orilium for the Magical Readathon, hosted by G. @ Book Roast.  I've followed the Novice Path, completed the Traveller's Key, have Geared Up, completed the Spring Equinox 2022 and August Equinox 2022, visited Old Favour Pass in 2022, completed the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2023, completed the Spring Equinox 2023 and Autumn Equinox 2023, and visited Old Favour Pass in 2023.  I've also been working on the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2024 as well.  Anyway, this Spring Equinox semester runs all of April.  I've decided to continue studying for the Calling of a Scribe as I have during my previous studies.  That means I'll be taking five courses: Elemental Studies, Inscription, Spells & Incantations, Restoration, and Lore.  To complete each course I'll need to read one book to fulfill a specific prompt.  Keep reading to see what I plan on reading to complete my course of study for this semester:

Elemental Studies - Call Lightning - Source of Light on cover

My choice: Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi, Vol. 1 (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi #1)  by Mo Xiang Tong Xu - I spotted this at a flea market a month or so ago and it sounds pretty cool.  Plus, it inspired the tv show The Untamed which I would like to watch sometime soon.

Inscription - Practical: Typography - Write down three titles, fold them up, and pick one

My choice: Thief Liar Lady by D.L. Soria - My two other options were The Hexologists and Divine Rivals.  This Cinderella retelling sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Spells & Incantations - Spell: Quick Count - Random number generator

My choice: Operation Otherworld (Operation Otherworld #1-2) by Poul Anderson - I set the random number generator for 1 through six and get the number two.  This is actually the first two books in this trilogy.  I really liked what I have read by this author in the past so I hope this will be as goo as it sounds.

Restoration - Regaining Consciousness - Book you think could cure slumps 

My choice: The Prisoner's Throne (The Stolen Heir Duology #2) by Holly Black - This is one of my most anticipated reads - I can't wait to see what happens!

Lore - Course focus interrupted - Reread the Legend of Dia

This little short story popped up awhile back in this ongoing challenge.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  Which one should I start with?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This looks like a fun mix of books, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't picked up Thief Liar Lady and haven't seen a lot of people talk about it. Makes me very curious to hear what you think of it. Best of luck with this TBR!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads