Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell


Welcome to The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.


I'm also taking part in Book Beginnings, a weekly meme hosted by Rose City Reader.  The rules are pretty simple - you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires.  Don't forget to link up your post's url with Rose City Reader.


This week I'm spotlighting Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.  I know, I know - I'm way behind on this one and I have no idea why I had been putting it off.  Anyway, this is the first book I'm reading in YALSA's Backlist Bingo Reading Challenge - either way it's about time I start this!

Beginning:

He'd stopped trying to bring her back.

56:

The batteries started to die at 1 A.M.. but Eleanor kept listening for another hour until the voices slowed to a stop.


Comments

  1. I recently read Fangirl by the same author, which I really enjoyed. So, enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fangirl is one of my favorite contemporaries, so I have high hopes for this one!

      Delete
  2. I read this a couple years ago and it was cute but not totally my style. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my go to genre, but I've like Rowell so far - so fingers crossed! Thanks for visiting, Nicole. :)

      Delete
  3. With the books I read, I would see a dark side and wonder if I should laugh or cry, but I don't think this is that type of book. Looks cute.
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this book but haven't had a chance to read it. Something else always seems to jump ahead of it. This week I am spotlighting Finn's Choice by Darby Karchut - from one of my favorite middle grade series. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean! :)

      Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  5. Not too sure about this one. Probably why I should read it:)

    My Friday 56 from Bloodmark

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know why I'm putting this one off, either, as it's been waiting patiently on Pippa. I enjoyed Fangirl...so I should just go ahead and read this one. Right?

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “UNTETHERED”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my logic and then that challenge came along. :)

      Delete
  7. This is one I've wanted to read for some time now... Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved Fangirl so why I haven't read this yet is beyond me. It's on my TBR I just haven't gotten to it yet? I love the idea of it though and need to get to it soon. I like those quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved this book when I read it, so that line takes me right back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard some good things about this book. I do have it on my list to read. Hope you enjoy it. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love, love, love, love this book. I book talked it yesterday and it was quickly snapped up by the 9th graders in the room. Hope they love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that book talk went well for you - I just finished it up a little bit ago and it really was good.

      Delete
  12. I have yet to read a Rainbow Rowell book. The only thing I can think of that's holding me back is that I only ever hear good things about her books, and I am a naturally skeptical person so I am doubtful that her books can be as good as everyone says they are.

    What is a good book of hers to start with?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I started off. Plus, it's not my go to genre on top of that. Either way, I would start off with Fangirl - that's where I got my start. :)

      Delete
  13. I've been meaning to read this! It's been sitting on my cloud since it first came out and I just keep getting distracted (Thanks, NetGalley!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved this book! Hope you're enjoying it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So many people rave about this one. Hope you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early