Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Have Been On My TBR Longest & I Still Haven't Read


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the first Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme originally created by The Broke and the Bookish, which is now being hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  The rules are exactly the same as they were before - this week's topic is Books That Have Been On My TBR Longest & I Still Haven't Read.  Here we go, in order of the first ten books that are currently on my TBR:



The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett - I've read quite a few of the Discworld books, but oddly enough I still haven't tackled the first one.


A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore - I've been meaning to try this Ohio born author for ages now.


Wonder by R.J. Palacio - This novel has been recommended to me so many times, and I've been told the movie adaptation was pretty fantastic.


Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden - This has also been recommended to me a ton of times, and one day I'll finally pick it up.


Skinwalker by Faith Hunter - I've heard so many fantastic things about this urban fantasy series.  I have no idea why I haven't read it already.


Something from the Nightside by Simon R. Green - The Nightside series looks like it would be awesome, and it's even blurbed by one of my favorites, Jim Butcher!


Dune by Frank Herbert - I have no clue why I haven't read this classic sci-fi novel yet, honestly.


Dreadnought by Cherie Priest - I enjoyed book one of this series, and I'd like to come back to Priest's steampunk world.


Ship Breaker by Paolo Bacigalupi - For some reason, I still haven't tried this YA dystopia.  Although, I'm a bit burnt out on the genre, I still want to give it a try.


Inkheart by Cornelia Funke - This book sounds so cool and I have no idea why I haven't already picked it up.  I have seen the movie adaptation though and it was pretty fun - I usually figure the book's better so I'm really hopeful about it.

Have you read any of these books that I'm hoping to get to eventually?  What books have been on your TBR for ages?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Inkheart is wonderful! I haven't read the sequels (the first of which is on my list for this week). I would definitely recommend that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All there of the Ink world series are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list! The Colour of Magic is on my TBR too, but it didn't make my list this week. I read Inkheart years ago and I remember really loving it. I think I should try and reread soon though because I don't remember too much.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren. I love Discworld series - I just need to keep going with it. :)

      Delete
  4. Wonder sat on my shelf for too long! I am so happy I finally read it last year. It totally lived up to its name.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got Dune sitting unread on my shelves too! It's such a huge book that I'm quite intimidated by it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean by that!

      Thanks for coming over, Elena!

      Delete
  6. I just finished reading Dune for the fourth time for the January Vintage SciFi Dune read-along. I also buddy read it with my son. He was reading it for the second time, so we had some great discussions.

    Did you know that Cornelia Funke is coming out with a fourth Inkworld book? It's set five years after Inkdeath. I think I will want to do a re-read of the trilogy, so everything is fresh in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like I need to get to Inkworld then! :)

      Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  7. That A Dirty Job cover. lol I love it. I have not read any of these books either but I have heard a lot about them, especially Ship Breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christopher Moore is so good, I recommend him highly! He's got a great sense of humor, and I've met him a couple of times and he's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the same as you, I saw the 'inkheart' movie and decided to read the book it is based on but I find it quite slow, not like the movie at all though I really do like the idea/story but I don't think I'll be reading the two sequels.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huh, I'll have to see what I think, for sure.

      Thanks for coming over.

      Delete
  10. I told myself that I would watch Memoirs of a Geisha, but then I just watched the movie and forgot about the book!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list, I wanted to read Memoirs this year, and have been on the waiting list forever to get it from the library.

    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved Inkheart and the movie was horrible, it changed so many things. :( Read the book it's better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I still need to read Inkheart as well, but I only bought it last year, so I don't feel too bad about it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/02/06/top-ten-tuesday-145/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked up a copy of at a yard sale a year or two ago - soon!

      Delete
  14. I read Skinwalker years ago and really enjoyed it. I need to get back to that series. So interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Skinwalker looks amazing, and maybe Dreadnought too (I want to read more steampunk). And I've never read PRatchett...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never read Pratchett?! You're missing out - I actually started out with Going Postal and it was absolutely awesome. :)

      Delete
  16. Wow. What an eclectic list of books on your TBR list. Good luck chiseling away at the list. My TTT TBR list

    ReplyDelete
  17. My TBR list is so long that I really wouldn't know where to start with this meme.

    You have some great titles on you own list though and whilst I may not be much of a fan of fantasy and science fiction, the genres do throw up some amazing cover art examples - loving the look of 'A Dirty Job' :)

    I did actually read 'Dune' not long after it was first published all those years ago, but for the life of me I can't remember if it was that which put me off reading the genre completely.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope that you get to read at least one or two of these books this year :)

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here - luckily I just sorted out my Goodreads want-to-read list.

      Fingers crossed!

      Thanks for visiting, Yvonne. :)

      Delete
  18. I really wanted to read Wonder when the movie came out, but then I forgot about it. Terrible, I know. Good luck with your reading!

    Carmen`s Reading Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to read the book, then watch the movie - but I've heard both are excellent.

      Thanks!

      Delete
  19. Great list! Ah, I adored the Inkworld books! I have such fond memories of devouring the entire series when I was around 15 and absolutely loving them, so I hope you enjoy them. Memoirs of a Geisha is one I still need to read, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Inkworld seems to be one that I'll have to try first! :)

      Delete
  20. I watched the movie adaptation of Wonder and LOVED it. I haven't read the book though. I feel a bit guilty for that but I'm hoping to read it soon :) Also, Dune was recommended to me before. I've been told that the series is fantastic.

    czai @ the Blacksheep Reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to do both - one of these days. I hope we'll like the book! :)

      Delete
  21. I've got Wonder and Dune on mine!

    We should do something about this! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOL I mean basically everything on here is definitely something I intend to read, particularly Dune (I have way too many copies to have never even touched the first page oops). The Color of Magic is good, but I honestly don't think it stacks up to many of the other Discworld books unless you read it and the sequel immediately afterwards because they pair together really, really well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I love Inkheart. I thought about reread it for so long, but it's been years and I'm not sure I will get a chance to. I also haven't read Wonder despite all the recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Hopefully we'll both enjoy Wonder. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early