Skip to main content

Behind the Screen: A Book Blogger Tag


I spotted this new tag over on Amber @ Du Livre's blog and I thought I'd give it a try.  It's been awhile since I've a tag, and this one seems like it'll be a fun get-to-know-me to put together.  Without further ado, let's go:

When did you start blogging and what was your first review?


The first review I posted was for Divided We Fall by Trent Reedy - you can see it here if you dare.

Who/what inspired you to start blogging?

I actually had to maintain a blog as a part of my coursework during college for two years.  That would have been a couple of years before I started this blog and I'd been tossing around the idea of a book blog for awhile - glad I finally took the plunge!

What is a blog-related goal that you have?

I'd actually like to change up my blog design a bit - I've yet to decide on any of the specifics, though.  I'd also like to take part in a few more online bookish events this year, too.

What is one thing you wish someone told you about blogging?

I suppose that it's okay to go at your own pace, and talk about what you're really interested in rather than just what's popular.

What was your biggest blog-related accomplishment?

Honestly, it's really keeping up for as long as I have!  Otherwise, I pretty proud of myself for being able to get accepted on NetGalley for ARCs.

What types of posts do you enjoy writing?

As much as I enjoy writing reviews, I particularly love making a nice list for Top Ten Tuesday and I love sharing music as a part of my Music Monday.  Plus, I can't resist a good tag.

Where do you usually blog? What does your setup look like?

Well, let's see - sometimes I sit at my desk with my laptop, sometimes I sit at the kitchen table, and sometimes I sit on the couch with my laptop (currently I'm parked on the couch).  I'll usually have any notes at my side, along with the book in question if I'm writing a review.

What was your last 5-star read?



Skin Game (The Dresden Files #15) by Jim Butcher - I've finally caught up on the series and it was absolutely awesome!

What was your last 1-star read?


There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins - I really tried on this one...

What are three words that make you pick up a book?

Historical fantasy horror - Seriously, I'm dying for more like The Diviners series by Libba Bray right now!

What is your Hogwarts House?


Hufflepuff!

What is your favorite reading environment?

I love reading all curled up on the couch under a nice, warm blanket with a warm drink.

What advice would you give to new bloggers?

It's always good to remember that you should read what you enjoy and post about what you are interested in.


Thanks very much for creating this tag, Amber!  If anyone would like to take part, consider yourself tagged.  As always, thanks very much for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I’m planning to do this tag, too, but I haven’t had a chance to write the post yet. I also want to change my blog design. I’m tired of my current one, but changing it always breaks everything. I’m scared to touch it.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing your post. I know what you mean about changing it!

      Delete
  2. "I suppose that it's okay to go at your own pace, and talk about what you're really interested in rather than just what's popular." YES YES YES!!! I've seen so many bloggers on Twitter complaining about being forced to "fit the norm" but I always comment that they need to just do their own thing! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, always do what suits you. If we all fit in with the 'norm' we'll all be the same. And that's not right, we're unique! ;)

    Plus you enjoy it more being yourself, talking about what you like. Totally agree. Fun tag. I have a few to do... oops! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true - otherwise things would be just boring, wouldn't it. :)

      Thanks for coming over, Sassy!

      Delete
  4. yaaay you did it! That's awesome that you had to maintain a blog for school, I feel like that's a project I would actually enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed doing that - one was a general class blog and of them was actually part of my final project for my last semester. :)

      Delete
  5. What a great tag! I sure do enjoy making the top ten tuesday lists as well. That's always my favorite. And let's face it, we all love bookish lists! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early