Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse (The Throne Chronicles #1) by K. Eason + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current reads, How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse (The Throne Chronicles #1) by K. Eason. I've heard so many fantastic things about this and I'm so excited to finally be getting around to this one.

Beginning:

They named the child Rory, because the firstborn of every generation was always a Rory, and had been since the first of that name had cut his way through the cursed briars on the homeworld and saved the kingdom of Thorne - and, incidentally, the princess - from the consequences of poor manners.

56:

Some infants are sweet little creatures, easily pleased and contented.  They do not cry often, and when they do, it is for a purpose: hunger, or wetness, or an aggressive burp meandering through their interiors.

50/50 Friday: Best/ Worst YA Debut Released In 2019


Best - The Last 8 (The Last 8 #1) by Laura Pohl - I feel like I don't mention just how much I love this whole duology.


Worst - Wicked Saints (Something Dark and Holy #1) by Emily A. Duncan -  I wanted to love this, but I ended up DNF'ing it. It just wasn't for me as it turned out.


Have you read any of these books?  What are you reading this weekend?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. What a quirky beginning. I love it! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for coming over and sharing, Matt. Have a good Friday!

      Delete
  2. That beginning pulled me in. I'm curious to learn more about Rory. Happy weekend, stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse is very high on my TBR list. Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed, Ashley. Thanks for coming over!

      Delete
  4. I hope you enjoy Rory! I had a blast with it, and I can't wait for the sequel:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that cover! And the beginning is a little quirky, but interesting. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I have heard of this one but I am intrigued by the title. Hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The consequences of poor manners" -- now what does that mean? I am definitely intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I am going to look into The Throne Chronicles - sounds like one I'd enjoy! Thanks for bringing this one to my attention. Hope you are safe and well!

    Here is my Friday Post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great beginning and 56. I'm intrigued with this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry you didn't like Wicked Saints...

    Thanks for linking up! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounded exactly like something I would have loved too...

      I hope you have a good one too.

      Delete
  11. I've seen this one around and wondered what it would be like. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse sounds like a book I would totally enjoy!
    Konna @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
  13. The Throne Chronicles book sounds interesting. I haven't seen either of those YA books yet. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Last 8 definitely deserves more attention. :)

      Delete
  14. I would really like to read How Rory Thorne Destroyed the Multiverse. I've heard great things about it. That's too bad about Wicked Saints. It sounded like it would be so good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really sounded like it had a lot of potential. Thanks for coming over and have a good one too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early