Skip to main content

Tome Topple Round 11 - Announcement & Potential TBR


Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my potential TBR for Tome Topple Round 11 which runs May 9th through May 22nd.  It's hosted by Sam @ Thoughts on Tomes, with Adriana, Sarah-Jane, Sian, Sam 2, Jocelyn, Gaia acting as co-hosts.  You can follow along with the official Twitter account for the readathon here, use keep up with tweets about the readathon by searching #TomeTopple, or by joining the Goodreads Group.  This will be my first time taking part in this readathon, but it sounds perfect if you want to knock some big books off your reading list - because the one and only rule is to read books that are over 500 pages in length.  If you like, you can use this bingo card of prompts to help direct your reading during the course of the readathon.  Personally, I won't be using the bingo card - I just picked out a group of ten books on my shelves with 500+ pages.  I doubt I'll get to all of them over the course of two weeks, but I can sure try.  I've been looking forward to all of these, and this challenge will push me to finally pick them up.  Here are the ten that I'd potentially like to get to during this readathon: 

A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire #3) by George R.R. Martin - Pages: 1,179 - It seems like it's been ages since I read the first two books in this series (and also watched the first two seasons of the tv show).  I definitely need to catch up before I completely forget all about it and have to begin all over again.  I've also got this on my 2020 Popsugar Reading Challenge, so I'll give this one priority.

The Name of the Wind (The Kingkiller Chronicle #1) by Patrick Rothfuss - Pages: 722 - I've also had this on my TBR for ages, but I have to admit it's kind of intimidating with its size and just the sheer amount of hype and positive reviews surrounding it.  I've really only heard fantastic things about it, but I'm still nervous to finally pick it up for myself.  It's time I give it a try.  Plus, it's on my 2020 Popsugar Reading Challenge TBR, so this one will also be getting priority.

For A Few Demons More (The Hollows #5) by Kim Harrison - Pages: 512 - I really enjoyed the first four installments of this series and it'll be great to jump back into Harrison's brand of urban fantasy set in an alternate Cincinnati, Ohio.  I'm especially looking forward to seeing Jenks again, he's a real standout.

Weaveworld by Clive Barker - Pages: 704 - This will actually be my first ever Clive Barker book.  I picked up this 1988 mass market paperback edition at an antique store late last year just because it sounded like it could be a fun fantasy horror store and it has a lot of great reviews.

The Women's War (The Women's War #1) by Jenna Glass - Pages: 576 - I found this a little while back a nice local new and used bookstore.  I had never heard of this 2019 debut before I spotted it there, but the summary on the back of this feminist fantasy novel really caught my attention.

Hild by Nicola Griffith - Pages: 560 - This seventh century set historical fiction book has been sitting on my shelf for way too long. It's even been compared to Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel which I really enjoyed.

The Hod King (The Books of Babel #3) by Josiah Bancroft - Pages: 624 - I bought this when it was released in early 2019, but as much as I wanted to read it since I loved the first two books so much I just wasn't ready for it to be over.  Now, though, I think I'm ready for it - I can't wait any longer!

The Blade Itself (The First Law #1) by Joe Abercrombie - Pages: 542 - I've heard so many fantastic things about this series that it's about time that I finally take the plunge.  Plus, I've heard it compared to The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch which is an all time favorite, so I can't wait to see what I think of it.

Supernova (Renegades #3) by Marissa Meyer - Pages: 552 - I've enjoyed the first two books in this trilogy and I'm excited to see how it all ends.

Kingdom of Ash (Throne of Glass #7) by Sarah J. Maas - Pages: 984 - I have adored all six of the previous installments of this series and I can't wait to finally see how it all ends.  But, I'm also so not ready to say goodbye.  Plus, I'm sure it's going to be an absolutely brutal ride.


Are you participating in this round of Tome Topple?  Have you read any of these books?  Which one should I read first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early