Skip to main content

Beat The Backlist 2024 - June Update

 

Happy Thursday everyone! Today I'm sharing my sixth update for my June progress on the year long Beat The Backlist 2024 reading challenge, hosted by Austine Decker.  You can see my original tbr here.  In June, I completed 5 books for a total of 33 books completed out of 52 books on my tbr.  Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in June:

 ❋  

It's interesting that while Chaucer's Tale: 1386 and the Road to Canterbury by Paul Strohm revolves around Chaucer that he's not always the center of the story.  Honestly, that formatting choice was the most surprising aspect of this book.  That said, it works for the most part but I just wish there was more detail about his life. 

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 

Toil & Trouble by Augusten Burroughs is my first book from this author.  While I liked his writing style well enough, I can definitely say I'm too much of a skeptic to really enjoy reading this as a memoir.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  

I had no expectations for Londoners: The Days and Nights of London Now - As Told by Those Who Love It, Hate It, Live It, Left It, and Long for It by Craig Taylor but I really appreciated the variety and the conversational tone.  There's a wide variety of people that contribute to the interviews with a wide variety of perspectives.  If you're interested in slice of life stories, you might want to try this.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋   

The Big Bands, 4th Edition by George T. Simon is exactly what I needed.  I love listening to this kind of music so this was awesome!  I learned some about new to me bands and I'll have to check out their music soon.

My review is also on Goodreads.


DNF'd @ p. 50

The Animals of Lockwood Manor by Jane Healey  just wasn't for me.  The idea sounded cool, but I just couldn't get into it and decided to move on to something else.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you participating in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've always been curious about The Animals at Lockwood Manner, I'm sorry it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing During the Second Half of 2024