Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Mummy Congress: Science, Obsession, and the Everlasting Dead by Heather Pringle

     

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice (Anne @ My Head Is Full of Books is currently managing hosting duties), and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my one of my Beat The Backlist 2024 books, The Mummy Congress: Science, Obsession, and the Everlasting Dead by Heather Pringle.  I don't know about you, but this sounds fascinating. 

Beginning:

In the grand scheme of scientific meetings, the Mummy Congress is a small, insignificant affair, long on singular personalities and surreal slide shows and short on sophistication, hype, and ballyhoo. 

56:

Eventually, European and American legislators came to their senses, relaxing laws governing the dissection of human cadavers.  But as a result this grim history, many people came to view medicine's hunger for human bodies and tissues with considerable distrust.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below.

Comments

  1. An interesting time in history, but I'm not sure I'd make it through a book on the topic. And this is coming from the murder mystery reader. :) Glad you are enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creepy, creepy cover. It is an actual photo? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound fascinating! I will definitely be looking for this one. I love this kind of nonfiction. Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend, Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so curious about this book, I hope you enjoy it😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Favorite Books From Ten Series