Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2024 - July Update: Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 1 & Drama

Happy Saturday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I've now completed 14 tasks for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed in July required me to read a manga or manhwa and a comic that has been banned.  I selected Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 1 by Kamome Shirahama and Drama by Raina Telgemeier respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and my plans for next month:

 ❋ ❋  

Okay, I've got a new favorite in Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 1 by Kamome Shirahama and I can't wait to read the next volume.  The story is awesome and the art looks so cool.  Master Qifrey is my favorite character so far.  I have a feeling this might become an all time favorite series.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋  

I loved Drama by Raina Telgemeier.  It does a good job of bringing middle school to life.  I wonder if those that have challenged/ banned it have actually read it.  Also I used to have one of those slide phones with a keyboard. I miss it!

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For August:

Read a historical fiction book by an Indigenous author.

My choice: The Night Watchman by Louise Erdrich - This author is one of my favorites and I can't believe I'd missed this one.


Read a book that went under the radar in 2023.

My choice: Stateless by Elizabeth Wein - Wein has been one of my favorites for YA historical fiction and I can't believe this book hasn't had near the hype of some of her other releases.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Favorite Books From Ten Series