Skip to main content

Spell It Out Reading Challenge 2024 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Monday everyone!  Starting in this month, I've decided to do another round of the Spell It Out Reading Challenge.  You can see my 2023 challenge tbr here.  The rules for this challenge are pretty easy - you have to read books to spell out your name by using book titles.  That means I'll be reading to spell out my first name and blog name, LAUREN ALWAYS ME, so I'll be reading 14 books.  Without further ado, keep reading to see the books I plan on reading for this challenge:

LAUREN

L - The Library of the Dead (Edinburgh Nights #1) by T.L. Huchu - I've seen some mixed reviews but this urban fantasy sounds intriguing.

A - Among the Living by Jonathan Rabb - A friend of mine gave me this post-WWII work of historical fiction with great things to say about it.  I hope I enjoy it!

U - Unholy Ghosts (Downside Ghosts #1) by Stacia Kane - This urban fantasy series opener sounds like it could be really cool.

R - Rhinegold by Stephen Grundy - Norse mythology based fantasy?  I'm in!

E - The Elementals by Morgan Llywelyn - I found this at a used book sale and this fantasy novel sounds intriguing.

N - The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks (Montague Siblings #3) by Mackenzi Lee - I loved the first two books in this series and I don't know why I've been putting this one off.


ALWAYS 

A - Article 5 (Article 5 #1) by Kristen Simmons - Somehow I totally missed this YA dystopian back in 2012 when it was first released so we'll see what I think now.

L - The Last Adventure of Constance Verity (Constance Verity #1) by A. Lee Martinez - I've really enjoyed what I've read from this author and this series opener sounds like it could be a lot of fun.

W - Witch Way to the Mall edited by Esther Friesner - I've been meaning to read this collection of short stories for a while and it sounds pretty fun.

A - The Ancient Near East, Vol. 1: An Anthology of Texts and Pictures by James B. Pritchard - This work of nonfiction sounds like it will be absolutely fascinating.

Y - You Truly Assumed by Laila Sabreen - This YA contemporary sounds like it will be a must read.

S - The Scapegoat by Daphne Du Maurier - I've been meaning to read more from this author and this sounds like a great place to start.


ME

M - Murder in the Hearse Degree (Hitchcock Sewell #4) by Tim Cockey - I haven't read any of the other books in this mystery series, but the cover has definitely caught my eye.

E - Every Bone a Prayer by Ashley Blooms - I've never read this author before but when I spotted this at a thrift shop it sounds like it could be an intriguing work of magical realism.


What are you reading in July?  If you'd like to participate in the Spell It Out Reading Challenge too just let me know.  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Witch Way to the Mall has quite the unique cover and title. I hope you enjoy the short story collection and all the other books you have listed for this challenge. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun challenge! And I think just finding all the books was probably a challenge as well😉

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing During the Second Half of 2024