Skip to main content

2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #6

    

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to my sixth 2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini reviews!   In June, I completed 4 books for a total of 35 so far this year out of 50 books.  I can't believe I've only got 15 left!  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in June:

❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 
Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming is a must read memoir.  He's always been one of my favorites and I can't recommend this enough.  Plus, he narrates the audiobook himself.  I'm glad he was able to turn his rough life growing up in to something meaningful.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 
I was so nervous going into The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux since I love several movie adaptations of this (one of my favorites is Phantom of the Paradise from 1974) and the musical - movie and Broadway. I don't know why I waited to read the source material but it was excellent!  If you're looking for a great gothic horror mystery, you can't miss this classic.


My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 
The Lesbiana's Guide to Catholic School by Sonora Reyes is easily a new favorite YA contemporary and of the year so far.  I had heard so many great things about it and it totally lived up to the hype.  It was a perfect choice to read this for Pride Month.  By the way, the narrator of the audiobook, Karla Serrato, did a marvelous job bringing the story to life.  I will to read more from Sonora Reyes in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads


DNF'd @ 40%

I really tried with My Year of Rest and Relaxation by Ottessa Moshfegh, but it just wasn't for me.  The concept of the book seemed interesting, but the final product was both irritating and boring

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Are you taking part in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Congrats on doing so well with this challenge, looks like you're going to finish early! I have never read Phantom of the Opera, but now I want to😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you like The Phantom of the Opera!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Wishes 2024

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Books Releasing During the Second Half of 2024