Skip to main content

Books From The Backlog - The Kingdom Beyond the Waves by Stephen Hunt

 

Happy Thursday everyone! Welcome back to Books from the Backlog, the newer weekly linkup I'm taking part of which is hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books.  This is a great way to put a spotlight on books that I've had sitting on my shelf for awhile.  I don't know when I'll get to my weekly featured book, but I hope to some time hopefully soon.

This Week's Neglected Book

The Kingdom Beyond the Waves (Jackelian #2) by Stephen Hunt

Published: January 1, 2008 (This Edition: May 25, 2010)

Genre: Steampunk Adventure

My Copy: 

Format: Mass Market Paperback

Pages: 560

Where I Acquired It: A local Friends of the Library Book Warehouse sale

Summary Per Goodreads:

Professor Amelia Harsh is obsessed with finding the lost civilization of Camlantis, a legendary city from pre-history that is said to have conquered hunger, war, and disease with the creation of the perfect pacifist society. Without official funding, Amelia is forced to accept an offer of patronage from Abraham Quest, the man she blames for her father's bankruptcy and suicide. She hates him, but he has something that Amelia desperately wants--evidence that proves that Camlantis existed and that the Camlantean ruins are buried under one of the sea-like lakes that dot the murderous jungles of Liongeli.

Amelia will blackmail her old friend Commodore Black into ferrying her along a huge river on his ancient U-boat. With an untrusty crew of freed convicts, Quest's force of fearsome female mercenaries on board, and a lunatic steamman acting as their guide, Amelia's luck seems to be going from bad to worse. Her quest for the perfect society has a good chance of bringing her own world to the brink of destruction…

Why Did I Add It?

I do enjoy steampunk every now and then and it has a pretty cool cover.  Plus, the lead character has been compared to Indiana Jones.


Have you read this thoughts or would you read it?  Would you recommend it to me?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. This is new to me, and I think I'd enjoy it a lot! I'm curious to hear what you think if you read it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Fall 2024 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows