Skip to main content

Mythothon: Climb the Tree - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

 
Happy Wednesday everyone! Today, I'm also sharing my wrap up and mini reviews for Mythothon, hosted by Louise @ Foxes and Fairy Tales, which was based on the Yggdrasil and the Nine Worlds in Norse mythology.  You can see my original tbr here.  For this challenge, I managed to complete all 7 books on my tbr.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I completed for this challenge:


1. Add Freebie Book

 ❋ ❋  
Divine Rivals (Letters of Enchantment #1) by Rebecca Ross has really been hyped up and I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I was a little nervous going in.  As it turned out though, I really enjoyed it.  I don't know why I let this fantasy sit on my shelf for so long.  I hope I'll get to the second part in this duology soon and even read more from the author in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


2. Add Freebie Book

 ❋ 
Monster by Christopher Pike is just one of those book that just perfectly fits the time period in which it was released.  So, this is just so '90s!  I couldn't have quite imagined the intro happening in a newer novel in quite the same way.

My review is also on Goodreads.


3. Add Freebie Book

 ❋ 
Weekend by Christopher Pike seemed like it had potential, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. It just never quite hooked me like others of his in the past.  I have a feeling though that I would have preferred this if I read it back when I was actually in high school.

My review is also on Goodreads.


4. Muspelheim - Read a book with something hot on the cover

 ❋ ❋  
Ashlords (Ashlords #1) by Scott Reintgen was such a pleasant surprise. It was really cool.  I wasn't expecting it to be a modern fantasy setting but it really worked for me.  I can't wait to read book two and every thing else from the author.  If you're a fan of The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, I have a feeling you'll like this too.

My review is also on Goodreads.


5. Midgard - Read a diverse book, more than 2 years old

 ❋ 
We Didn't Ask For This by Adi Alsaid is a solid YA Contemporary while I was reading it, but now that I've finished it I can say now that not a whole lot has stuck with me.  Even though this wasn't a favorite, I still like Adi Alsaid's style.

My review is also on Goodreads.


6. Add Freebie Book

 ❋ 
Well Whisper of Death by Christopher Pike was dark and twisted.  The description on the back definitely didn't do it justice in the least.  I was not expecting some of those twists at all.  If you're a fan of The Midnight Club or The Twilight Zone specifically the episodes "Where is Everybody?" and "Stopover in a Quiet Town."

My review is also on Goodreads.


7. Asgard - Read a book that focuses on mythology and/ or is a retelling of some sort

 ❋ 
I like Downton Abbey, Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, and The Walking Dead, but Zombie Abbey by Lauren Baratz-Logsted didn't quite work for me as much as I was hoping it would. It didn't need to be nearly as long as it is and the none of the characters were as interesting as I would have hoped for either.  It started off pretty strong but ran out of steam somewhere around halfway through.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Did you participate in this challenge?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Fall 2024 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows