Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2024 - September Update: The Professor and the Madman & True or False

Happy Wednesday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I've now completed 18 tasks for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed in September required me to read a book about books (fiction or nonfiction) and a book about media literacy.  I selected The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester and True or False: A CIA Analyst's Guide to Spotting Fake News by Cindy L. Otis respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and my plans for next month:


The Professor and the Madman: A Tale of Murder, Insanity and the Making of the Oxford English Dictionary by Simon Winchester has been on my reading list for a long time and I'm glad I finally decided to try it.  There's so much I didn't know about the OED and all I can say is madness, genius, and obsession is right!  I wasn't expecting this to be so fascinating, but it worked for me.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋  

So, a long time ago back when I was in high school, I was in an information media literacy class.  Honestly, it seems like it would be even more important these days.  True or False: A CIA Analyst's Guide to Spotting Fake News by Cindy L. Otis is quite basic but I very much appreciated how this was put together.  In my mind, this should be required reading.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For October:

My choice: Angel of the Overpass (Ghost Roads #3) by Seanan McGuire - This author is one of my favorites and I can't wait to see how this trilogy ends.

Read a middle grade horror novel

My choice: The Whispering Pines (Exit 13 #1) by James Preller - I saw this pop up at my library and I have to know more.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US