Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, currently hosted by Anne @ My Head Is Full of Books, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my Halloween Reads and Beat The Backlist 2024 books, Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin.  This historical fantasy horror featuring vampires sounds like it could be intriguing.  

Beginning:

St. Louis,
April 1857

Abner Marsh rapped the head of his hickory walking stick smartly on the hotel desk to get the clerk's attention.

56:

Marsh made up his mind.


What are you reading for Halloween?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't read any books by this author. I did accidentally read a book set at Halloween this month, it just happened. I reviewed it on Thursday. That's the only Halloween book I'm reading this year, at least in October.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to share this one with with my vampire-loving friend.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Fall 2024 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows