Skip to main content

Books From The Backlog - Sword At Sunset by Rosemary Sutcliff

Happy Thursday everyone - I can't believe it's already October! Today, I've decided to start taking part in a new weekly linkup hosted by Carole's Random Life in Books.  I've seen Books from the Backlog around for quite a while now and it looks like a great way to put a spotlight on enticing books that I've had sitting on my shelf for awhile.  I don't know when I'll get to my weekly featured book, but I hope to some time hopefully soon.

This Week's Neglected Book

Sword At Sunset (The Dolphin Ring Cycle #5) by Rosemary Sutcliff

Published: January 1, 1963 (This Edition: May 15, 1987)

Genre: Historical Fantasy 

My Copy: 

Format: Mass Market Paperback

Pages: 498

Where I Acquired It: I got a this from the Friends of the Library Book Warehouse sale.  I loved going to this place, but unfortunately the couple that ran it decided to retire and it closed permanently back in May.  Surprisingly, no one else with that Friends of the Library has decided to take over it for them.  They used to run a bag sale for $5 and I would find a lot of fun stuff.

Summary Per Goodreads:

This brilliant reconception of the Arthurian epic cuts through the familiar myths and tells the story of the real King Arthur: Artos the Bear, the mighty warrior-king who saved the last lights of Western civilization when the barbarian darkness descended in the fifth century. 

Artos here comes alive: bold and forceful in battle, warm and generous in friendship, tough in politics, shrewd in the strategy of war - and tender and tragically tormented in love. 

Out of the braiding of ancient legend, fresh research, soaring imagination and hypnotic narrative skill comes a novel that has richly earned its reputation as a classic.

Why Did I Add It?

I have a soft spot for Arthurian retellings and this sounds like it could be a good one.  I haven't read any of the previous books in the series, but it doesn't seem like I need to be already familiar with it.



Have you read this thoughts or would you read it?  Would you recommend it to me?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm not familiar with this book, but I love the idea of showcasing backlog books😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US