Skip to main content

The Alex Crow by Andrew Smith - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Weird yet absolutely mesmerizing. I loved seeing how each of the seemingly disconnected stories of a refugee living in Sunday, WV with his new adoptive family, a schizophrenic bomber, and a failed arctic expedition from the 1800s...and a depressed, bionic de-extincted crow. This wasn't exactly an easy read, but I couldn't put it down. Smith is one of my favorite new voices on the scene and a fantastic voice of teenage boys - all of his characters, as outlandish as they come across, feel very real and funny. The Alex Crow is not to be missed!  I could keep going on about this book, but I'm going to keep it short and say just read it - you won't be disappointed.

I read this from June 9 -10, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early