Skip to main content

Infinity Dreams Award


I've been nominated by Emily @ Ink, Inc. for the Infinity Dreams Award!  Thanks very much Emily - if you guys haven't visited her blog, you're really missing out on one of the best!

Rules:

1. Give 11 facts about yourself.

2. Answer the 11 questions set to you by the blogger who nominated you.

3. Nominate 11 bloggers to receive this award

4. Ask the bloggers you have nominated to answer 11 questions (bonus points for those who answer in a vlog).

11 Facts About Me:

1. The next two movies I plan on seeing in theaters are Captain America: Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse.


2. I'm looking forward to seeing how Spider-Man is introduced to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.


3. I'm looking forward to the cool visual stunts Ant-Man will get to do - I mean, this part from the trailer where he's riding Hawkeye's arrow is pretty cool!


4. The trailer for the movie adaptation of Stephen King's Cell starring John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson was released yesterday and I can't wait to see how it turns out since I enjoyed the novel.


5. The casting for Cell makes me think of one of my favorite underrated Stephen King adaptations, 1408.  John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson both were in it and each gave great performances.


6. When it comes to Stephen King adaptations, I plan on starting 11.22.63 very soon.  I've heard a some good things about the tv adaptation.  The source material is one of my favorites of his recent releases.

7. On a completely different note, I saw a red squirrel in the yard today.  This is only interesting because I almost never see squirrels on the ground in my area.


8. I took a super cute picture of my cat, Finn, on Saturday evening.  Look how cute he is!  He likes staring at the facet in the tub in hopes that it will drip.  Sometimes he will even push the button with his paw to try to make it drip.  On the occasion that it does drip, or a drip begins to form, he'll try to lap it up or let it drip on his head.


9. I took a short walk earlier this evening and picked some flowers - I found blue phlox, yellow buttercup, common blue violets, trillium, and (my favorite) Dutchman's breeches.


10. I received surprising book mail on Saturday: my pre-order of The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater arrived!  3 days before its official release!


11. I received some more book mail today!  I took advantage of the Barnes and Noble Teens 3 for $30 special.  I'm so excited to get to Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine, The Girl From Everywhere by Heidi Heilig, and Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton.  I'll talk more about my recent book mail in an upcoming book haul post.

11 Answers:



11 Nominees:

Angel Erin @ Angel Erin's Book Obsession
Anna @ Enchanted by YA
Brigid @ Word Fare
Brittany @ Space Between The Spines
Genni @ Ready, Set, Read
Giovanna @ Book Coma 
Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog
Laura @ Blue Eye Books
Liz @ Freyja Eats Books
Marie @ Pages to Explore
Sam @ Tsundoku

11 Questions [Plus as an additional challenge - Answer these in a vlog!]:

I like Emily's questions enough (and I'm feeling a bit lazy) that I'm posing the questions she asked me to my nominees.
1. What is your guilty pleasure song?

2. Do you have any tattoos? If so, what, where, and why? If not, would you get one? If so, what, where, and why?

3. What is your favorite city?

4. If you had a daughter, what would you name her?

5. What's your most recently discovered favorite song / favorite at the moment?

6. Name a place or a few places at the top of your travel bucket list.

7. How old were you when you started blogging? How has your blog changed since then?

8. What's your favorite musical?

9. What was your latest five star read?

10. With what word would you most like people to describe you?

11. Tell us about a book that's changed your life.

Thanks again, Emily!

Comments

  1. Civil War! Yay! I can't wait. Although, I'm still kind of sad Andrew Garfield won't be Spider-Man.

    Your cat is quite hilarious. XD

    Gene Kelly!! I love his movies. Especially an American in Paris (which was like his dream movie, he co-produced and choreographed and starred in it.) And On the Town. Whenever someone says "New York" I always think of the song at the beginning of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of sad about it, too - I liked Garfield in the part. I know I've seen Tom Holland in Wolf Hall (which was amazing), but there is no way I can guess at how he'll be as Spider-Man.

      My cat is quite entertaining - there's a hearty dash of crazy in there, that's for sure! :D

      I can't help myself when it comes to New York, New York - even if I'm listening to the Frank Sinatra standard I've got the On the Town version going in the background. :)

      Thanks for visiting, Ashley!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me, Lauren!! I've never recorded a vlog before but I'm excited to try it. I will try to get mine up tomorrow or sometime this weekend. :D

    Loved your vlog! It was so cool to finally see your face/hear your voice, and I enjoyed hearing all your responses. :) Haha I think a little bookworm tattoo would be awesome. I got to see An American In Paris on Broadway a couple weeks ago; obviously it didn't have Gene Kelly in it, but it was amazing. The sets, costumes, and dancing were really spectacular! Also awww Finn is so cute.

    Have you read The Raven King yet?? I loved it so much. I really should've pre-ordered it from the Book Depository, because Amazon really screwed me over and my shipment was delayed (which apparently happened to like half the people who pre-ordered from Amazon, lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome, Brigid! :) I hadn't recorded one before this point either, but I liked doing something a bit different. Maybe I will again in the future! I'm looking forward to your responses!

      Who knows if I'll ever actually get a tattoo (aside from temporary or henna tattoos), but that would be a good one wouldn't it! That would be absolutely amazing to see An American in Paris on stage (that would be really interesting if it did have Gene Kelly in it!!) - I'm glad you enjoyed seeing it. Finn is always cute - as I always tell him. :D

      I haven't yet. I'm just about to start in on Lady Midnight (from the library), but my next read will be The Raven King. Have I mentioned how nervous I am to see how it all works out? But, incredibly excited! That's too bad Amazon - is Amazon going to do anything about it? Anyways, I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!!

      Delete
    2. I recorded mine today! :D Now just to put the whole post together and everything, haha. Not sure if I'll have time to finish/post it tomorrow, but definitely by Sunday.

      I'm interested to hear what you think about Lady Midnight! I've been on the fence as to whether I should try it or not. I enjoyed the other Shadowhunter series, but I wasn't a huge fan of the later TMI books.

      Ahh I know the feeling, I was so nervous/excited about The Raven King! But it was a really lovely ending to the series. Hope you enjoy it. :) Eh not really, they gave me the option to cancel my order since they hadn't charged me yet, but I just agreed to get it late. I just read the ebook instead, haha. But I also can't wait to have a physical copy of it so I can complete my collection!

      Delete
    3. I'm looking forward to watching it tomorrow! :)

      I really enjoying it so far, especially catching references to the earlier novels.

      Delete
  3. OOO 11/22/63 was so good! Both the book and the show. Thanks so much for the nomination. I don't do these anymore, but the nomination is very appreciated. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well - it's the thought that counts, right? :)

      I'm so glad it was good! I've heard good stuff about it!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for nominating me I can't wait to get to it! And please do more vlog posts that would be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I'm looking forward to your responses! :)

      I'm glad you liked the vlog post - I'll keep that in mind! :D

      Delete
  5. I'm not much of a superhero movie person, but I'm glad you're so excited about them. And Finn is so adorbs~

    I'm not much of a vlogger, but I did answer the questions. Here's my post: http://www.spacebetweenthespines.com/2016/05/infinity-dreams-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's the cutest! Thanks for sharing your link with me!

      Delete
  6. I can't wait to see the next X-Men movie either!! Thanks for the tag :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely deserve it! :)

      I'm so excited to see it!

      Delete
  7. LAUREN! That was the cutest video ever!! I'm so glad you made one. Seriously I was smiling the whole way through, it's so lovely to hear your voice/see your face after so long :3 <333 And also it's so nice to hear my questions answered! Thank you for doing it :) <333

    Also your DP is an A*** representation of what you look like XD

    I LOVE THOSE BRITNEY SONGS! I remember loving Toxic int the early 2000s, I thought it was so cool XD

    I'm so glad you like the Duncan Chisholm song <33

    Love your names! I think Hermione is perhaps slightly much for a first name but if I do have a daughter it'll be her middle name, not joking! Is Arya for ASOIAF? And who is Violet? (I got the other two! ;) )

    Really hope you get the chance to go back to London, and KEEP US UPDATED ABOUT THE TAT SITUATION!

    I can't believe you got TRK three days early?!?!!! That's bizarre!

    Also I love your cat :3

    I haven't seen a red squirrel for so long. We have gazillions of grey ones. They have taken over almost everywhere in Britain.

    Thank you for the lovely shout-outs! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for nominating me and challenging me in the first place! :) It's always nice to be a face and voice to text!

      I worked hard on that little picture! XD Glad you to hear you think it actually looks like me!

      Maybe it's more the nostalgia kicking in for me, but they are pretty catchy songs.

      Did I say that song title right?

      Well, that's true about it as a first name. :) Yes, Arya from ASOIAF - and Violet from A Series of Unfortunate Events.

      I really hope I do get to go back some day!

      Sigh, the bookworm would certainly be fitting, but I don't know if actually ink is for me... :D

      I know about TRK - I'm still surprised!

      My cat is such a crazy cutie! He rules the house.

      Well, I'm more likely to see gray ones too, but I very rarely actually see one on the ground that it was super surprising.

      You're very welcome, Emily! Thanks again for the nomination!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early