Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Book Haul


This is the first book haul post I've done in a little over in a month and since then I've picked up quite a few books!  So, without further ado here we go:


I unexpectedly received the above books for free from a friend who thought I would appreciate them - The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude, The Art of Not Breathing by Sarah Alexander, Tru & Nelle by G. NeriWant to Go Private? by Sarah Darer Littman, Does My Head Look Big in This? by Randa Abdel-Fattah, and Ten Things I Hate About Me by Randa Abdel-Fattah - all of which I'm looking forward to reading.  Thanks again!


These five I acquired at Goodwill on a sale day for a grand total of $3.50 - The Madness Underneath (Shades of London #1) by Maureen Johnson (I've been eyeing this series for awhile now, and I couldn't resist although I haven't read book one yet), Murder on Wheels (A Tourist Trap Mystery #6) by Lynn Cahoon (cozy mysteries aren't my usual go to, but this sounds like it could be fun - and surprisingly it's a new release), Alien Tango (Katherine "Kitty" Katt #2) by Gini Koch (just look at that cover!), Hidden (Northern Waste #2) by Eve Kenin (this sounds like it could be part of a great urban fantasy series), First Truth (Truth #1) by Dawn Cook aka Kim Harrison (potentially an awesome epic fantasy featuring dragons).


This past weekend a local country library system started up their book warehouse sale - some of their items have withdrawn from various libraries in the county including college libraries, as well as personal donations.  Anyway, I got a stunning deal on my spoils - only $3 total - The Girl is Murder (The Girl is Murder #1) by Kathryn Miller Haines, Sidekicks by Jack D. Ferraiolo, Poison Princess (The Arcana Chronicles #1) by Kresley Cole, Mystic City (Mystic City #1) by Theo Lawrence, Ghosts of Manhattan (The Ghost #1) by George Mann, Voodoo Dreams (Voodoo  #1) by Jewell Parker Rhodes, The Good Lord Bird by James McBride, Three Parts Dead (Craft Sequence #1) by Max Gladstone.  I'm looking forward to all of these, but I 'm most interested in diving into Max Gladstone's work.  


This past Tuesday I ended up taking a trip to Half Price Books to clear out a bunch of my old stuff.  Anyway, I was good and I only brought back two hardbacks both of which are in excellent condition - Bone Gap by Laura Ruby and The Way Through the Woods (Doctor Who: The New Series Adventures #45) by Una McCormack.

I can't say when I'll get to all of these, but it looks like I'll have a lot of good books waiting for me!

Thanks again for stopping by my blog!  Have you picked up any good books lately?

Comments

  1. So many new goodies! I love visiting Goodwill, thrift shops, and my local used book store. Plan on going Monday. They usually have a new batch then!

    My Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you picked up some good stuff!

      Thanks for sharing! :)

      Delete
  2. These all look good, I have that last Doctor Who book, still haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to see what you think about Three Parts Dead! I've had my eye on it for some time but haven't picked it up. Great book haul over all; I love when libraries have book sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to read it - I've heard so much about it and I jumped to make sure I snatched it up. :)

      Delete
  4. I too find some great reads when I am out and about...sometimes even the grocery store. Ya just never know. Happy reading!
    sherry @ fundinmental My Sunday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul Lauren!! Those are some awesome deals! I'm really interested to hear what you think about Mystic City and Poison Princess. I've had my eyes on the for a while, but I haven't gotten around to them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always on the look out for a good deal. :) I'll be sure to let you know.

      Delete
  6. Wow nice haul! Enjoy! I've been wanting to read The May Queen Murders. I've heard so many mixed things about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to, but hopefully it'll still be enjoyable! :) Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  7. Cheap book sales are the best! I've only read Madness Underneath, but a lot of these look really interesting! I hope you enjoy all of your new books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAAAS. Here's to Goodwill shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heard good things about Abdel-Fattah and The May Queen Murders, but I haven't read a single one of these!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early