Skip to main content

Music Monday: The Name Game


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

This week I'm spotlighting Justin Timberlake.  I've practically grown up on Mr. Timberlake beginning with his days in 'NSYNC through his present day career.  While he's not exactly a go-to artist for me, I can't help but enjoy his music (and hearing how much it's changed over the years while growing with him) - plus his live performances.  The two songs below are some of my recent favorites.

"The Name Game" by Shirley Ellis (1964) - This is one of my favorite novelty songs!  It's just so much fun!  Mine would be Lauren, Lauren, Bo-Bauren/ Banana fana fo-fauren/ Fee fye mo-mauren/ Lauren!



"The Name Game" by The American Horror Story Cast (January 2, 2013) - Have I ever mentioned how much I like American Horror Story (I've watched the first three seasons, so far)?  The song as performed by Sister Jude using the names of the patients during the tenth episode of season two (Asylum) as a result of the hallucination.  This is easily one of my favorite scenes from the season!  I love how the color palette brightens up - for a moment Briarcliff doesn't look quite as scary.




Comments

  1. I love when they did The Name Game in AHS!! That was my favorite part of that season. Other than that I didn't really care for Asylum really. :/ Great Music Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up, Erin! I really liked how it began versus how it ended up.

      Delete
  2. What's your favorite AHS season? I think I was partial to the first season as a whole (which makes you love Tate, but then makes you horrified when you discover all that he's done), but I loved the overall design, setting, and concept of Coven. I was and am still obsessed with New Orleans and feminist history (which includes witchcraft) so Coven's premise really spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you - Murder House has been my favorite of the three seasons that I've seen so far with Coven in second place, and Asylum coming in last place. Overall, my favorite actor throughout has been Evan Peters, especially as Tate!

      Delete
  3. I love AHS this last season was my favorite so far. It's one great and twisted show!


    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to catch up! :)

      Thanks for linking up, Carrie!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge