Skip to main content

Real Neat Blog Award


I've been nominated by Cara @ Periods and Semicolons for the Real Neat Blog Award!  Thanks so much, Kara!  Everyone go check out her blog!

Rules:

1. Thank and link back to the blogger who nominated you.

2. Answer the seven questions set to you.

3. Create seven questions for your nominees.

4. Nominate seven other bloggers.

Cara's Questions:

1. What is your favorite food?

Baked macaroni and cheese - yum!!

2. How many languages do you know?

Aside from English, I know some French and Japanese, and a bit of ASL.  I've recently been using Duolingo to take Swedish lessons - Duolingo has to be one of my favorite apps.

3. Describe the last book you read using only one word.


How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Cowell (Audio) - Fun!

4. What books are you currently reading?


Paper and Fire (The Great Library #2) by Rachel Caine (ARC)


The May Queen Murders by Sarah Jude


Alias Hook by Lisa Jensen (Audio)

5. Of all of the unread books in your bookshelf, what has been there the longest?


According to my Goodreads tbr that would be The Color of Magic by Terry Pratchett.

6. What is the last dream you recall?

Last week I dreamed that my cat smashed through a wall like the Hulk in order to get a mouse - it was equal parts hilarious and horrifying!

7. How long have you been blogging?

This August 12th I'll have been blogging for two years here at Always Me.  Time flies!

My Nominees:

Brittany @ Space Between the Spines

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense

Ellen and Sierra @ Quest Reviews

Sam @ Tsundoku

Skye @ Ink Castles

Czai @ The Blacksheep Project

My Questions:

Please answer the seven questions posed to me - I want to see how everyone else's answers compare to mine!

Thanks again, Cara!

Comments

  1. Thanks Lauren! I can't wait to answer these juicy questions and pass the joy along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I can't wait to see your responses. :)

      Delete
  2. That's a really strange and funny dream about your cat! XD

    Your current reads look really good! And those covers! I think my favorite cover would have to be Paper and Fire because DRAGONS!

    How to Train Your Dragon is a lot of fun and so hilarious! I used to read it out loud to my siblings and I would also do a voice for Gobber the Belch since he yelled everything.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... I have no idea where that one came from! XD

      You can never go wrong with dragons! David Tennant has such a great voice - and he really gets into it!

      Thanks for visiting, Ashley!

      Delete
  3. What a fun tag! Thanks for tagging me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for nominating Ellen and I!
    I'm so jealous that you're reading Paper and Fire. I loved the first book, though I hear this one isn't as good :/. I'm looking forward to your review on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome!

      That's what I've heard...but I'm still enjoying it.

      Delete
  5. Ooh, nice tag, Lauren! I still need to pick up Ink and Bone by Caine, but ugh, so many things to read right now! The Color of Magic is also on my TBR, but I read Pratchett out of order, so that one is one of my lower priorities atm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many things to read - a good problem to have, honestly. :) I have read some Discworld out of order, too, but I'd definitely like to go back to the first one.

      Delete
  6. MACARONI IS THE BEST. I'm so hungry </3

    I really want to read The Colour of Magic. Also, I looove How to Train Your Dragon! It's cool that you're learning Swedish. Any particular reason?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Partially, it's because my great-grandma was from Sweden and I have one of her books that's in the language. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early