Skip to main content

Music Monday: TV Themes


Happy Monday everyone and welcome to my twelfth Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

 Every Monday share one or two of songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up at the bottom of this post by sharing your post's url.

 Finally, have fun sharing and discovering new to you music!

This week I'm going to do something a bit different and talk about some tv theme songs I've enjoyed.  The two I'm sharing today, the themes for Peaky Blinders and Desperate Housewives, are quite different from one another, but both are excellent in their own right.

"Red Right Hand" by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds (1994) - I've recently finished up the excellent first season of the tv show Peaky Blinders (starring Cillian Murphy, Sam Neil, and Helen McCrory).  "Red Right Hand" is used as the opening theme song for the show.  The show is set in Post-WWI England and focuses on a gang called the Peaky Blinders, a group known for sewing razor blades into the peaks of their hats.  Although the show is set back then, for the most part modern music is used for the soundtrack - and it manages to fit the tone and the characters perfectly.  If you haven't tried this show, I highly recommend it.



Desperate Housewives Main Theme by Danny Elfman (2004) - I liked this show quite a bit when it started, but I liked the theme song even more.  You can't go wrong with Danny Elfman!  When they cut it down to the last eight seconds of the theme and a title card in later seasons, I was gutted.





Comments

  1. Ya know... Ive never watched either of these shows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaky Blinders is well worth checking out, and the early seasons of Desperate Housewives. :)

      Delete
  2. I like the "theme song" theme! ;) I haven't seen either of these shows, but the theme songs are cool––thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Danny Elfman! His music is FOREVER the most incredible of the universe. *happy sigh* I've been listening to classical music mostly lately...Grieg is life. I'm such a nerd. :P
    Thanks for stopping by @ Paper Fury!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is one of my favorite composers. Thanks for stopping by, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early