Skip to main content

Music Monday: Music From The Bahubali Series


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.



This week I'm spotlighting some of my favorite songs from the Bahubali two-part movie series.  I just recently watched the final part and I absolutely loved every minute of the series!  It's an epic action fantasy set in ancient India - it has something in it for everyone, including great musical numbers, stunning fight scenes, and breathtaking cinematography.  Seriously, this series was everything I never knew I needed in my life and I highly recommend it!  Below, I'm sharing my five favorite songs from the series - the first three are from the first movie and the last two are from the final movie.  Unfortunately the videos below don't have English subtitles, so you won't know exactly what's going on unless you know Hindi or have already seen these movies, but either way these will totally give you a taste of just how awesome this series is.  By the way, the movies were originally made in both Telugu and Tamil, but it was also dubbed in Hindi (which is what the DVD editions I watched were in).  Check out the trailer for Bahubali: The Beginning (2015) here and Bahubali 2: The Conclusion (2017) here.  I think I'm going to have to be on the look out for more movies featuring Prabhas, the actor playing both Bahubali and Shivudu, even though before this series he was mostly known for his work in romantic comedies because he's just that good.










Comments

  1. Looks a lot of fun! Never heard of these before, although, i have watched some lovely - energetic - Indian films with lots of dancing!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one does a little bit of everything - I was really surprised to see the musical numbers actually. :)

      Delete
  2. My Chinese teacher used to let us watch funny Indian movies since he enjoyed them so much, and they all seem to have really fun and lively songs--plus the production numbers for the dances are always super spot-on!!!

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! The songs in here all totally worked - and the production for each was fantastic.

      Thanks for coming over, Aimee.

      Delete
  3. I've been meaning to watch these! They look so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I can't wait to see what you think of them, Carrie!

      Delete
  4. I love musicals! I've never watched one that wasn't in English before, though. I will have to give these a try. I've seen some clips from Bollywood and those films look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strictly speaking I wouldn't say it's a musical, but it does have several great musical numbers! :)

      Thanks for linking up, Kristi.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early