Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Secondary Characters From Some Of My Favorite Books


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the first Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Characters I Liked That Were In Non-Favorite/Disliked Books, but I'm modifying the topic a bit.  Instead I'm sharing some of my favorite secondary characters from some of my favorite books.  Here we go, in order of character name:

Eowyn from Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien

Professor Flitwick from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling

Gendry from A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin

Helene from An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

Johanna Mason from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

Max from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Raffaele Laurent Bessette from The Young Elites by Marie Lu

Raffe from Angelfall by Susan Ee

Thomas from The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher

The Will and Lying Cat from Saga by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples

Do you like any of these characters?  What are some of your favorite supporting characters?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Johanna! I adore her! Great list - Gendry, Eowyn, and Flitwick are all good choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever heard anyone name Flitwick as their favourite character, that's really cool! I also LOVE Johanna Mason. I've been rereading the Hunger Games series and she's just so fierce and vibrant, both in the books and the movies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's one of my favorite professors that don't get as much page time. :) I was really pleased with how they handled Johanna in the movies since I loved her in the books.

      Delete
  3. Some of the characters on here are fabulous! I love Flitwick! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Helene too! I have only done the first book and right now I don't really care who ends up with who as long as Helene is happy!

    My TTT https://wp.me/p3ftwe-UX

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books but a few of these are definitely on my TBR.

    Oh I love Gendry :) I haven't read the books but I am huge fan of the show.

    http://flippingthruthepages.com/2018/04/ten-characters-i-didnt-like-that-much-in-the-books-i-loved/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty fantastic on what I've seen of the show, too. :)

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I LOVE Johanna from The Hunger Games series. I also adore Lying Cat from Saga. I like your take on this topic.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd totally just read about Lying Cat's adventures with The Will. :)

      Delete
  7. Yeah I had to change this one up too! Johanna for sure, and Eowyn *nods* is awesome. Ooh and Lying Cat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was difficult for me to go with the regular prompt too. At least I wasn't the only one.

      Delete
  8. Ah yes, I loved Johanna and Max and Professor Flitwick!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/03/top-ten-tuesday-153/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job making the topic work for you. I could have come up with ten secondary characters I loved (Kenji from Shatter Me would be number one on my list.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenji was actually the only part I really liked when it came to Shatter Me. :)

      Delete
  10. Great list! Flitwick is just adorable. I read the first 2 volumes of Saga, I need to pay more attention to Lying Cat haha.
    And a 100% yes to Johanna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some great characters here. I loved Johanna too!
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you modified the prompt. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I like your take on it and I agree about some of these especially Helene!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I completely agree about Max and Johanna! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early