Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.




This week I'm spotlighting one of my current #BeatTheBacklist reads, Hunting Prince Dracula (Stalking Jack the Ripper #2) by Kerri Maniscalco.  I absolutely loved book one and I'm so excited to be back with Audrey Rose and Thomas Cresswell!  


Beginning:

ORIENT EXPRESS
KINGDOM OF ROMANIA
1 DECEMBER 1888

Our train gnashed its way along frozen tracks toward the white-capped fangs of the Carpathian Mountains.  From our position outside Bucharest, the capital of Romania, the peaks were the color of fading bruises.

56:

"Please don't bother calling me 'miss.'  'Audrey Rose' or just plain 'Audrey' is perfectly fine."

50/50 Friday: First/ Last Book Read In 2017 


First - Fun With Your New Head by Thomas M. Disch - This collection of short stories from the 1960s was oddly unexpected and interesting.


Last - Before the Devil Breaks You (The Diviners #3) by Libba Bray - This series is just fantastic and I can't wait until  book four will be released.


Comments

  1. I have Stalking Jack the Ripper on my TBR and am really looking forward to it! I've heard raves about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have the first book. I need to get cracking with this series.

    My 56 from Shadowfall

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the descriptive setting in the beginning. Sounds good! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read Stalking Jack the Ripper!! :)

    Stormi
    Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  5. You amaze me. You are always reading books in series and can keep them straight. I have such a hard time with series because I can't remember what happened between book one and two and so forth. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll have to add this one to my wishlist. I really liked the first book too. This week I have Better Off Read by Nora Page. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got me curious about the Stalking Jack the Ripper books...I'm off to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your 50/50 Friday books look divine! I'll have to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. (The Diviners are a series I still need to read. I swear I feel so behind on every book series.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you love Hunting Prince Dracula. I really want to read the first book. I really need to read The Diviners series. I have the first two books. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved this sequel. Hope you enjoy Hunting Prince Dracula as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks like you both started and ended 2017 on a good note! Fun With Your New Head's title definitely sounds strangely interesting so I'm glad it lived up to that :D I'll have to check it out sometime. Thanks for linking up, Lauren!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Books I've Read For Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge