Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Nevermore (Cal Leandros #10) by Rob Thurman + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.



This week I'm spotlighting one of my current #BeatTheBacklist reads, Nevermore (Cal Leandros #10) by Rob Thurman.  I love this urban fantasy series and with this novel I'll be caught up on the series.  Unfortunately, I've heard this one ends on a cliffhanger and as it turns out book eleven, Everwar, missed it's publication on December 6th, 2016.  I haven't heard anything about that book, the author, or anything.  I hope everything's alright.  Anyway, I'd bet you'd love this series if you're a fan of Supernatural.


Beginning:

People die.

All the time.  Everyone knows that, right?  The world is dangerous.  Existence is precarious, the footing beneath you shaky.

56:

One corner of his mouth crooked upward.  It was the closest thing to a smile you'd get out of me at that age.

50/50 Friday: Favorite/ Least Favorite Harry Potter Novel - I love this series to death, but if I was forced to choose...



Least - Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets 



Favorite - Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban


What are you reading today?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I think my fave Harry Potter is The Goblet of Fire😊 That urban fantasy series sounds great! It's going on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think GoF is my second favorite! So hard to pick! I hope you like Cal Leandros!

      Delete
  2. Nevermore does looks good! But then, so does Sam and Dean! :)

    Have a lovely weekend, Lauren, we have a heatwave here!!!!

    Here is my choice for this weekend: http://bit.ly/briguella1

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You love to get to know Cal and Niko, since you like Sam and Dean! :)

      Delete
  3. Not my usual read, but I love those excerpts. Thanks for sharing. Here's mine: “LET ME LIE”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no. If the author missed the publication date by over a year you may be hanging off a cliff forever on this one. I hope not. My Friday Quotes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy urban fantasy but haven't read this series yet. This week I have a thriller - What You Want to See by Kristen Lepionka. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The excerpts sounds really good. I'd love for you and your readers to check out THE UNINVITED CORPSE . . . https://www.facebook.com/elleryadamswritesmysteries/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally agree with Sassy Brit. lol
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great read! I watch a few episodes of Supernatural years ago but not many. I did like it though. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That books sounds interesting. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I participated in the 50/50 today too! I was so happy to see PofA!! That is my favorite too... I was so bummed when so many readers told me their favorite was my least (#5)... I can understand why 2 is your least... there was something underwhelming about that one.

    I also was shocked to see you on book #10 of Cal's series! I've read a couple but didn't realize it went on so many books... I need to check those out too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My top three are #3, 4, and then 5. :)

      It's still just as great as ever.

      Delete
  11. Sounds good! Love that beginning...have a great weekend!

    Jo-Ann at Inspiration Pie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've not come across this series before, but it looks like fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Prisoner of Azkaban seems to be a lot of people's favorite!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is this a brooding character? I have a feeling this character likes to scowl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooo Prisoner of Azkaban was also my favorite! I just love the portrayal of the dementors and patronuses (or is it patroni?) (they seriously made the book for me). I found it so so hard to choose, though, too. It's like choosing a favorite child!

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early