Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved but Will Never Re-Read


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the first Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books I Loved but Will Never Re-Read.  Here we go, in no particular order:


Darkly Dreaming Dexter (Dexter #1) by Jeff Lindsay - I really liked this mystery thriller (and what I've seen of the tv adaptation), but I doubt I'll go back and reread this though I may someday continue the series.


The Last Orphans (The Last Orphans #1) by N.W. Harris - I read this YA dystopia for review a few years ago and it was pretty great, especially if you're a fan of The Walking Dead or Revolution.  The sequel was also pretty cool.  One of these days I'd still like to read book three.


I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent #1) by Barry Lyga - This was an excellent YA mystery thriller.  While I probably won't reread book one, I'd still like to attempt the rest of the series.


The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern - This was absolutely fantastic, but the odds of me doing a reread are pretty low actually.


Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan - This was my first experience with Levithan and I'd still like to try Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story.


Angels & Demons (Robert Langdon #1) by Dan Brown - This is my favorite book in the series, but odds are pretty low that I'll be return to this story.


Faceless Killers (Kurt Wallander #1) by Henning Mankell - I've read five books in this series and I need to continue it, but I doubt I'll start again from the beginning of the series.


The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - I should probably reread this classic, but I honestly I doubt I will.


Dhampir (The Noble Dead: Series 1 #1) by Barb and J.C. Hendee - I love the first series in this world, but I think I'd rather move on to series two rather than reread the first.


A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak #1) by Darren Shan - Shan's take on vampires is so cool and this twelve book saga is well worth jumping into, but there are other books by Darren Shan I'd prefer to pick up for the first time.


Have you read any of the books I've featured this week?  What books have you loved, but have no plans to reread?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Dhampir sounds like a book I might like, I'll have to look into it. Hopefully my Library has it. I still need to actually read Night Circus, I started it, but never got around to finishing it. I didn't get very far in so restarting it wouldn't be a problem.

    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the first couple of series of it - I hope you do too! :) Happy reading, Marie. :)

      Delete
  2. I've heard that Darkly Dreaming Dexter isn't nearly as good as the TV show, so I've never been tempted to pick it up, unfortunately. I'm a huge Dexter fan, and I don't want to ruin that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen a whole lot of the tv show, but I'd definitely like to see more. :)

      Delete
  3. I couldn't think of any books I wouldn't at least entertain the idea of rereading, but now that I've read your list, I think I can give it a try creating such a list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd like to see what you come up with. Thanks for coming over, Anne. :)

      Delete
  4. I don't really re-read books but I don't think I could ever re-read a thriller, since I know the "thrill." lol
    Great list!

    Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean.

      Thanks for sharing, Leslie!

      Delete
  5. The Night Circus was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/10/top-ten-tuesday-154/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great the first time around wasn't it.

      Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  6. The Night Circus is a yet to read for me, I probably won't reread Angels and Demons either. I can't wait to dive into the Wallander series (the tv show was excellent with Sir Ken Branagh and Tom H.) and the Secret Life of Bees is something I'm looking forward to pick up too!

    Ronnie @ Paradise Found

    ReplyDelete
  7. I actually JUST read I Hunt Killers, and it was very good. I'm about to start the sequel. I hope you'll continue with them.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome list! I agree on The Night Circus, don't think I'll reread it, at least not soon :)

    Marina_Booksofmagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's more accurate for me to say that I'd like to reread it for the first time - rather than do a reread.

      Delete
  9. I wish I could read I Hunter Killers again for the first time. That book was sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Night Circus, I've been meaning to re read that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome the first time around - I can tell you that! Happy reading!

      Delete
  11. How did I not know about Hold Me Closer: The Tiny Cooper Story??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It didn't get nearly as much attention at the time...

      Delete
  12. I didn't do this week's topic, because I would put every book I ever read on this list. I don't re-read. I like to explore new stories, not re-hash old ones. And I am a HUGE fan of David Levithan. Love him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's usually the same for me, but there are some I just can't resist going back to. :)

      Delete
  13. Ooh The LAst Orphans sounds kinda awesome, and I am a Walking Dead fan, so... hmm. I've heard the Night Circus is pretty good, I oughta read it here one of these days.

    Cirque du Freak sounds kinda cool, I'm not familiar w/ that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may have to look for The Last Orphans and Cirque du Freak, Greg! :)

      Delete
  14. I loved the Dexter TV series for the most part, and I have thought about doing the books to see what they are liked compared to the show, but it will probably never happen.

    My TTT https://wp.me/p3ftwe-UZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched very much or haven't continued on with the series yet, but I need to try more myself.

      Delete
  15. You know, I always thought I'd end up buying the Jesper Dent series, but never got around to it. Now that some time has past, I don't think I could justify the buy because I don't think I'll reread them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really don't see myself re-reading any books, actually. The only way I usually reread stuff is a skimming of sorts if a next book has come out and I forget wayy too much, OR if the book is in The Hunger Games series hah. Otherwise... I just have too many new books to read! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are very few that I have myself - too many books too little time!

      Delete
  17. I haven't read any of these, though I do want to read Angels and Demons! I've noticed a couple people have The Night Circus on their list, and I find that interesting. That's one I've been wanting to read, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Night Circus was amazing, but I think I prefer to experience it for the very first time.

      Delete
  18. T have read Angels and Demons and I was at the edge of my seat the whole time, but yeah, I will never re-read this book again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you there! It was fun while it lasted.

      Delete
  19. I have seen The Night Circus on quite a few lists. It's great to know so many people loved it, though. I still need to read it. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've always wanted to give Darren Shan a try. I think I even own the first three books in that series so I have no read excuse. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I absolutely adored The Night Circus! It is one of the very *very* few books I would break my no-rereads policy for! :D

    x, Lia @ Bookish Quest

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've considered it, but I doubt I will - although I could give the audiobook a go. :)

      Delete
  22. Oh I have Dhampir on my tbr pile somewhere. Yes, sometimes it's good but you need to move on to the next more than re-read the same series over. I can understand that for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early