Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Gone Girl Film Adaptation Edition


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

I could not have asked for a better adaptation of Gillian Flynn's Gone Girl!  David Fincher brings everything together perfectly on screen from cast, cinematography, to soundtrack!  I highly recommend seeing this movie, don't wait around for the dvd release!  I predict a Best Actress nomination for Rosamund Pike, Best Picture, and/ or Best Director nomination at the 2015 Academy Awards.  With luck this film could win - it deserves it.  I don't want to say much more to avoid spoiler territory, but take my word for it.  This is a great book-to-film adaptation.  Of course, there are a few changes, but they changes worked well on screen.  Fincher hits all the right notes in this gripping and intense movie.  Easily the best book to movie adaptation I've seen all year.  At the very end, everyone watching let out a collective "whoooo..." including me!

Notes:

When I arrived at the movie theater with ten minutes to spare, there were already at least 15 people there ahead of me.  That's slightly unusual because at the small town movie theater I frequent, it seems like most tend to get there at the last possible minute and it was a 12:30 in the afternoon showing on top of that.  I'm pretty sure I was the youngest person in the room by at least eight years, but the average age appeared to be around 45 to 50.  Usually when I see an R-Rated movie I'm asked for my license, or at least about my age, but this time I wasn't, which was a nice surprise!  I finally look older than 17!  

Anyway, the first trailer was for 50 Shades of Gray and when I realized what it was I said, "oh no!," and immediately put some popcorn in my mouth to ensure I wouldn't yell at the screen.  That trailer caused quite a stir - some along the same lines as my reaction and other viewers genuinely wanted to see it, which I can't figure.  Next came the trailer for Addicted, based on a novel by Zane, starring Boris Kodjoe, Kat Graham, and William Levy (only recognized him because of Dancing with the Stars); I'm not familiar with Sharon Leal, the leading actress.  The last trailer was for what turned out to be Horrible Bosses 2.  I've never seen the first one, but the second one actually looks pretty funny, and may perhaps be the only movie of the three trailers I might consider watching.

.         

  


Comments

  1. I'm seeing it on Saturday with a couple of good friends. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early