Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Movies I Want To Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit


I can't believe it's Tuesday already, but anyway that means I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week there are three options: books and/or movies to get into the Halloween spirit and/or characters to dress up for as Halloween.  I opted to come up with a list of movies that are perfect to watch during this time of the year!  Here they are:

1408 - One of my recent favorite Stephen King adaptations!



The Addams Family/ Addams Family Values - Who doesn't love this?! (I listed these two as one because I have the dvd which includes both movies.)





Beetlejuice  - I've always enjoyed the Ghost with the Most, and you can't go wrong with Tim Burton and Danny Elfman!



The Conjuring - Most recent favorite horror movie!



Edward Scissorhands - Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, Johnny Depp, and Vincent Price - count me in!



Hocus Pocus - You can't go wrong with this!



House of Wax - I easily could have dedicated this list to Vincent Price, but I decided to go with the 1953 remake of the 1933 movie called Mystery of the House of Wax.  I would love to see this in 3D!  I wish I could do that with a paddle ball, too!



Let the Right One In - One of the best vampire movies out there.  Skip the American remake, Let Me In, and just watch the original.  You might also want to read the book by John Ajvide Lindqvist.



The Nightmare Before Christmas - You can't go wrong with this classic, at Halloween or Christmas, Tim Burton and Danny Elfman make a great pair!



Sleepy Hollow - Tim Burton, Danny Elfman, Johnny Depp, Christina Ricci, Christopher Walken, Miranda Richardson, Michael Gambon, Michael Gough, Richard Griffiths, Jeffrey Jones, and Christopher Lee are all  in my favorite movie adaptation of the classic story. If that cast doesn't make you want to see the movie, I don't know what would!



Bonus:

Oculus - I just watched this a few days ago and it's an excellent psychological horror movie.  If you like The Conjuring and/ or 1408, you'll probably like Oculus.  And, Karen Gillan is great!  The two playing young Kaylie and Tim are also very good.




So what do you think of my Halloween worthy movie list?  Do you like these movies as much as I do?  I could have made a really, reallhy long list, but I tried to narrow down to some of my favorites! :)

Comments

  1. I really like Sleepy Hollow and Hocas Pocas. I haven't seen either in a long time. I must check them out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hocus Pocus used to be get played on tv every year, but now (on the stations I receive that is) it's never on! I'm going to have to find a copy!

      Delete
    2. I don't know if you have an HMV store near you but I saw it on their shelves where I live.

      Delete
    3. I've never heard of an HMV store before now, but it looks like the closest to me would be the store in London, Ontario and that's about a 5.5 hour drive...

      I'll have to try somewhere closer! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah, thank you for including that in this list. "1408" is one of the best screen adaptations of a Stephen King book.

    ~ Cate is Reading Good Books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been so many that have disappointed me, but I really love 1408!

      Delete
  3. I've only seen Nightmare Before Christmas! I feel deprived...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're going to have to check out the rest of these, then! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early