Skip to main content

Sunday Funday

It's been a busy week, but I had the chance to relax a little bit this weekend since I somehow managed to get both Saturday and Sunday off.  It's rare that I get two full days off in a row, but an entire weekend is almost unthinkable!

I celebrated by going down to the Bainbridge, Ohio Fall Festival of Leaves.  It's quite a long trip to get there, but it is always a nice ride.  In a way it's something like a street fair with flea markets and yard sales plus the normal attractions.  I didn't get anything, but there were plenty of things to look at.  I mean, unless you count lunch and dessert.

Doc's Bainbridge Restaurant is great; they've recently completed some renovations so it's a bit bigger and offers more seating now.  I ordered the special which was delicious ham steak with ham gravy (with a nice hint of pineapple!), mashed potatoes and pineapple ham gravy, macaroni and cheese, and a roll.  The ham steak was very thick cut at about 2" thick - ham steaks tend to be very thinly sliced so I was really surprised to see something as big.  And it was all for a very reasonable price, which I could really get behind.

Later, I visited their downtown Dairy Queen (no indoor seating - you just walk up and order at the window).  Nearly 25-30 others had the same idea...and I think I chose the slowest of the three service windows.  Anyways, I tried the Pumpkin Pie Blizzard which was absolutely delicious!  You have to try one at least once before Thanksgiving!

While I was waiting in line I kept one eye on the street performer.  I've seen this artist at events all over the state.  My favorite was a couple of years ago at the Fall Festival of Leaves when he was made up as a Toy Story Green Soldier!  This year, he was a very convincing scarecrow!  While I was observing him from the DQ line on the other side of the street, he was leaning in a doorway trying to get people's attention as they walked by.  Some didn't notice, but others were very surprised when they realized he wasn't actually a scarecrow!  It was pretty hilarious, but not quite as awesome as the Green Soldier.  

I had a great week and I'm really looking forward to the next!

Until next time!  Thanks for visiting my blog!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early