Skip to main content

The Friday 56: Bloom and Doom by Beverly Allen


Welcome to The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I believe I'll will begin with the book I'm currently reading for a book group called Bloom and Doom  by Beverly Allen.


When I opened my apartment door, Chester flew out.  At least that's what I think happened.  I only saw a streak of gray fur.  I set my takeout bag on the porch and managed to locate him under my neighbor's pickup, rubbing his chin against one of the tires.

Comments

  1. Wonder what scared the kitty... Sounds like a good cozy!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad! And by the way, the cat's just being a jerk. ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the quote and cozies. Gotta be quick to stop the critter from making its escape. ^_^
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes - Bad Apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much me and my cat right there! :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early